Anyone else missing their gallbladder?

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
Last week I had to visit the ER as I was throwing up large amounts of new and old blood, gross I know. But anyways the ER doctor said it was likely gallstones and ordered me to get an ultrasound the next morning. Sure enough gallstones. I was a little shocked but did some research and actually found that I had SO many of the signs of them. But just never could put it all together because they were such random things.

Anyways, Im almost 10 post op and Im still SO sore. I cant bend at the waist to pick things up. Im still throwing up blood, I feel light headed and dizzy to the point I passed out in the bathroom and wacked my head on the counter...ouch. I also feel sick to my stomach a lot, especially after eating.

I am just curious if anyone else has had any of these issues with your removal?

Or what was your experience after the surgery?

How long did it hurt for?

When if you did have the above issues I have, how lond before it stopped?

Also one just curious question did anyone loose weight after it being removed?

Or gained weight? <--- I have heard this is extremely common and Im totally dreading it will happen because I already have enough padding to deal with, I don't want, need or desire anymore!

Thanks

PS I have gone to the doctor about this, actually I saw him yesterday. And he called the surgeon who operated and they both agree that I will end up needing a scope down my throat to see whats going and to find the source of the bleeding.

I go see him Friday to figure out what to do next.

But I just wanted some real life stories from people who have been through it.

There is a few gallstone/gallbladder threads on here.

I was sore for a couple of weeks after but the worst pain went after about 4 or 5 days.Did you have keyhole surgery?

Hope they can help find out what the problem is.

I didn't put on weight after having my operation,i asked my doctor why it was common to put on weight after gallbladder removal and she said its because people can usually eat fatty foods again after it so they go a bit over the top and eat too much.

hiya
there are a couple of posts going where we chat about this :)
im having the exact same pains i had whilst i had my gallbladder, ive had an endoscopy, ultrasound and am booked in for a ct scan and a breath test
my bloods showed i was low in b12 so am on tablets
i had pain for a few days after the op and felt like i couldnt stand up straight but when the clips came out i was fine.get checked out it doesnt sound right what you are going through
i have lost weight since having it out as ive been on a low fat diet due to still having pains.

Hi hun,
I had mine out after i had my 2nd LO so about 6 years ago now.

I had the opp in the morning and was at a BBQ that night... i just wanted to beable to eat normal foods again :haha:

I was 101% fine and normal within a week :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->