Anyone else nervous???

LeahJ7712

Mommy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Any other first time mothers out that are getting nervous?

I'm 31+3 and just did our hospital tour yesterday and it got me really thinking " OMG life will never be the same" (in a good way of course), but still wow!!! I'm going to be someone's mom. My husband if always having moments where he just stops and says "wow I'm going to be a dad" I usually just laugh, but last night I was like this is getting so close, I don't know where to start. So nervous and excited at the same time. :pink:

We had our labour and delivery class last night at the hospital. I was able to pre-register to save us some time on the actual day I go into labour. Started feeling the same way... OMG I am actually going to have a baby!

I think throughout pregnancy we worry about changes in our body and little things, while hubby spends the WHOLE pregnancy thinking omg we are having a baby lol

Yes. This is my second and I'm nervous about my first daughter, keeping things as normal and routine as I can for her to help her adjust to a new family member. I know you said it's your first, so yes there will be lots of changes... Mostly for the better! After my first arrived, in a few months time I was like " what did we do before we had her??" ( ha we went out to dinner and movies and traveled whenever we wanted, that's what we did!) but somehow once you have your baby, you can't remember or imagine life without them. So embrace the anticipation, enjoy your time alone together

Definitely nervous the closer and closer it gets to her arrival.
I cant believe how fast times flown by too. Already in the 30's and it feels like just last week i was waking up my hubby in the morning with a pee stick in hand. Im all prepared for her to randomly show up at any time (ive had 4 friends have their babies before 34 weeks and some a few days after week 40 so im definitely nervous for that).
But i think the biggest worry now is going into labor. My hubby works from 7 am till 4 pm and doesnt get home till around 4:30 and his work is north from our house and the hospital is south. So im always asking myself "will i know if im in labor", "will he be taking me to the hopsital or will i have to call an ambulance", "will i be capable of reaching the phone". Now i carry my phone in my bra strap or in my pocket at all times hahaha.

Im only terrified to give birth, I have my birthing class next week. Ive been told it will hurt but be worth it, Im just worried about complications or something going wrong. Im not worried about bringing baby home, Im SO excited to have her here. Also, Im somewhat nervous about my husband had the delivery LOL i dont think he has any idea what is going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->