Anyone else not do Halloween ?

We do and we love it BUT there are rules -- when trick or treating, we only knock doors of houses that have shown we are welcome -- so pumpkins outside, decorated and so on --- never ever a house with no obvious signs. I think that is then disrespectful. You would not believe the number of parents I see allowing their children to knock on doors that even display the no trick or treating sign -- so rude!

We don't do trick or treating and I never got one kid at the door but Charlie got dressed up for nursery and I had a party for him and his friends at home last night - it was mayhem but great fun :haha:

I do like it but i dont let my children go out trick or treating. It just doesnt sit comfortably with me allowing children to go to doors for sweets but i suppose its fine if its just to people you know. I usually do a little party and they dress up and they play games. Its fun and they seem just happy with that.

I like this post lol. I'm in the US and I grew up on tick or treating. I was raised in a very family friendly suburban area, very low crime. When we would trick or treat we wouldn't go to the unlit or un-decorated homes mainly because we were afraid of them! What if an evil witch lived there or a murder lol. We never thought about maybe those people are really old or have a baby. Either way we didn't go to their houses and everyone was happy. Teens never went trick or treating because it was seen as a childish thing to do and everyone would make fun of you (unless you were taking a younger sibling trick or treating, then that is different). And like somebody said before, if you're a teen you can just go the freaking store and buy a bag of candy for yourself.

I have since moved to more of an urban area where there is more crime and what not, and there is not much trick or treating around here. The only people who trick or treat are the ones who live in the nice suburban neighborhoods. Everyone else either trick or treats at the mall (yes weird) where they go around to every store and trick or treat; or they go "trunk or treating" where a gathering of many parents go and park in a parking lot and open their trunks to reveal candy and decor and they all go to each others cars for the candy... I feel sad for them because they aren't getting the real Halloween experience like I did as a kid, but I guess if they don't know any better then they really aren't missing out. I live in an apartment complex and did not get one trick or treater... but I wouldn't have wanted my kid trick or treating in an apartment complex either... especially since almost nobody decorated so it seems they didn't want anything to do with it.

Ok I'm done babbling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->