Anyone else not gaining much/losing weight?

L

LilMiss_91

I started off at 62kg and at 5'1 I wasn't exactly underweight lol but due to morning sickness lasting till almost the end of 2nd tri and a sickness bug I lost 2kg so went down to 60. I started putting on weight very slowly from about 24wks and went up to 65/66kg by around 28-29wks.

Well, I weighed myself the other day just before I turned 33wks and I've lost weight again and am down to 64kg :/
I've been eating healthily but normally, as well as sweet treats here and there and a few takeaways etc. Nothing in my diet has changed (in fact my appetite has been bigger the last 3 or so weeks than it has been since before I was pregnant) so I have no idea where the weight is going or why!

Bubs is definitely growing and my belly is getting bigger so I'm really confused! Shouldn't be gaining more weight at this stage??

I haven't gained any weight since 28 weeks. My dr is concerned because I was 5'5" and 51kg before pregnancy.

She said if I was a bit heavier to start with it wouldn't really be an issue. I think you're doing ok. 5'1" and 64kg I think is a good weight to be able to keep baby healthy and be able to breast feed. If your dr is concerned they will send you for a growth scan to make sure baby is growing despite you losing weight... I had one and baby is 6.5 lbs despite me not gaining in 8 weeks!!

I am only up 3 lbs since my prepregnancy weight!! Everything is good and on track...my lil one is measuring 3lb 10oz already!!

It's so odd how some people seem to gain quite a lot from early on and some don't.

Does your dr weigh you at your appointments or do you keep a check on it and tell him what your weight gain is? Because my midwife only weighed me once at my booking in appointment and not since so she doesn't know how much I have/haven't gained.

That's a great weight for bubs at this stage :D the weight you have gained has obviously just gone to her rather than to you :)

My dr weighs me at every appointment.

But I kinda think its better to not. We all stress out so much but I think they should just base it on how bub is growing!!

My dr freaked me out by saying I wasn't gaining enough but my baby is growing fine so that's all that matters to me!!

Wow Deedee, only 3lbs?! Haha that's definitely all baby then!

@kelly Well bubs has been growing fine, put on a real growth spurt the last couple of weeks in fact! Maybe that why I've lost some weight... could it be bubs taking nutrients I have stored??

I know the feeling, I was sent for a growth scan around 24wks as I was measuring 2 & 1/2 weeks behind and the midwofe initially wanted to get me seen the next day which freaked me out as I thought she must be really worried to make it so urgent! Everything was fine though and at last appt I measured a week ahead :haha:

I deliver only a few lb's over my start weight, for some people its completely normal,:) I think most ladies carry alot of water weight when pregnant.

Yes my dr weighs me every appt... But they tell you no matter what the baby is taking everything it can from you! I make sure to take my prenatal vitamins everyday too!

I haven´t gained much weight, and my doctor was concerned... dunno why!
To me, it´s a mystery why I´m not gaining weight, as I did have ms, but never threw up and could eat normally during first tri, and now that I´m entering third tri, I´m still eating normally, about 5 times a day, but unfortunatelly because of having a bad case of acid reflux, I feel full very quickly and I´m not much hungry, and if I eat it gets worse! :shrug:

I've only gained 14 lbs at 31 weeks mainly b/c I have not appetite. I really don't feel like eating and have to force myself to eat something b/c I know I have to feed the baby nutrients. They baby is doing great and growing so my doctor hasn't said anything about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->