Anyone else not gaining weight?

I'm definitely growing (slowly) so I'm sure everything's fine, but it is easy to worry about a low birthweight baby, especially as I wasn't sick in the beginning and don't think I lost weight at that time. The baby must just be getting more of those nutrients than I am!

No, honestly you will be fine - you are VERY similar in weight to me (you are just a few pounds heavier than I was - until this week...). Ok, maybe I am biased, but I think that you are a good healthy weight: you are not underweight and you are not overweight. Like me, you haven't NEEDED to put on weight thus far - your bodyfat (i.e. just right, like me :winkwink: ) and your lifestyle has allowed your baby to grow happily and healthily without you needing to put on any weight.

In the early stages, a baby doesn't need many calories at all (so you don't need extra calories). Even in the later stages, he only needs about 300 calories a day (and 300 extra calories to an adult isn't a lot - maybe a couple of glasses of apple juice?). People do not need to eat for two and many do not need to put on weight early on. If you eat a healthy diet (and, to be on the safe side, maybe take some pregnancy vitamins etc), then both baby and you get ALL of the nutrients that you need :hugs:

You are still exercising too (like me), which is fab. Honestly, I am a big believer in that. Sensible exercise (tailored to pregnancy by the start of the second trimester) is the way to go :thumbup:

Don't even start THINKING about birth weight - your LO will be absolutely fine! :cloud9: :hugs:

QT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->