Anyone else not getting weighed at midwife appointments?

familygirl30

Reaction score
I Went for my 28 week one yest and she measured baby for first time,when I left I noticed my weight hadn't been checked again,don't think it has been since 20 weeks.Im over weight with high bmi so thought they would b having to always check.

I'm not but my midwife said it's cos I have a normal BMI and she can clearly see I'm not putting on too much weight. Maybe it's enough for your midwife to see you to know you're maintaining stable weight gain?

I very rarely get weighed either. Think I've got weighed about 2-3 times entire pregnancy x

Yeah my mum said that maybe they can see Ive not piled loads on and my blood pressure been fine too,maybe if had gone high they would have weighed me to see.

I haven't been weighed at an appointmentin ages, thank goodness. I hated it.

Glad it's not just me then!its a good thing though as I don't like it either haha

I only got weighed at my booking in appointment. I'm glad they don't do it as I already ditched going on the scales at home lol

I've never been weighed. At my booking in she asked what I weighed to work out bmi (in norm range). That's it. Nhs has said no need to weigh us unless there is concern over weight gain.

I'm overweight and started this pregnancy with a BMI of 35 and I can only remember being weighed at my booking in appointment (which was at my home on my dodgy scales) and I think I may have been weighed at the hospital once, although I am not sure?!?

I haven't really put on a noticeable amount of weight really, well anywhere except for this massive bump of mine! So that may be why, although I am a little surprised they haven't weighed me a couple more times over the past 40 weeks! xxx

I got weighted at my first appointment! And then for the second time yesterday at my 36 week appointment!! And I've moved area between then too xxx

My weight was only checked at my initial appt. same last time round, then it was done again at 6 week check.

Haven't been weighed at all, despite my concerns of putting on too much weight. (+16kg! @ 34wks)
BMI was 23.5 before so I guess they're happy with it all.

Hey, I didn't get weighed once with my first pregnancy nor this one. I didn't even realise it was something that midwifes check when you go to appointments. I'm 37 weeks on Friday and have put on 2stone which I think is about normal x

I was weighed at my booking in appointment at 7 weeks, then again at my consultant appointment at 32 weeks for my c section/anaesthetist referral. I have a v high bmi and am also expecting twins so I was expecting weight checks constantly but haven't had any others.

I was only weighed at booking in appt.
I've only put on a stone, all bump and good bmi so I guess you don't get bothered with as much if that's the case!
X

I have never been weighed, they only asked me for my weight at my booking in appt.

I haven't been weighed either. From what I read on here, it seems to be the norm in the US but not UK or Oz, NZ etc?

I was weighed at my booking in appointment but not since. I asked my midwife about this and she said that unless there's a need to, such as a very high bmi, then they don't tend to do repeat weighings anymore.

Never weighed. They ask for your weight at the start of your pregnancy here xx

only weighed at booking appointment when they worked out bmi it was tr same with ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->