Anyone else not getting weighed at midwife appointments?

They generally don't weigh ladies anymore in the UK. There's not really any need to be honest.

I got weighed at booking in, that was it.

Iv never been weighed at a midwife app ... They asked me my weight at my very first weight and I told them but that's it

I was asked my weight at booking in and then weighed for the first time at 28 weeks. I think it's good they don't focus on weight too much. We have enough to worry/think about.

I only got weighed at my booking appointment, my bmi is 30 and have not been weighed since.
Last time Iwas only weighed at booking in and my bmi was higher at 34. I'm glad they don't to be honest lol. I think they look at your weight then look at you to see if your weight looks disproportionate to your starting weight. I didn't gain much last pregnancy as I was already overweight and it doesn't look like I will gain much this time either! X

I've not been weighed by the midwife at all apart from during the very first visit I went to

I'm in the minority here. I've been weighed at every single appointment lol

I've only been weight at my booking appointment was just below the normal range.

I get weighed every time (I'm in Canada), but I believe it is more to make sure I don't lose weight in the 2nd/3rd tri rather than to track how much I gain. My OB always says "You look good, and that's the main thing".

I was asked me weight at the booking in appointment, and weighed at 12 weeks. I've been checking my weight weekly at home anyway and have put on just under 2 stone and am all bump. I do tell my midwife when I see her and she says she is happy with my weight gain

They wanted to weigh my at booking but I refused. You can see just by looking at me my BMI is high and so I didn't see why I should go through the embarrassment of being weighed. She did say I'd need to be weighed at the end of pregnancy too but I don't plan on doing that either. The thing I've learnt since having my son is that in everything you have a choice, you don't have to just do everything they say! Xx

I've only been weighed at my booking scan @7weeks and my NT scan @13 weeks. I was just creeping outside the normal bmi range into overweight when I got pregnant.

Midwife never examined the baby, measure uterus or even bothered to listen for hb until 25 weeks+

I've learnt not to expect much from her so I don't get upset and feel disappointed:shrug:

I was weighed at my booking in appt but havent been since then. I have a bmi of 33 so was surprised that i havent been weighed since. Got my next appt on tuesday so we'll have to see whether they do it then! Think it depends of the midwife/ surgery as a lady i work with gets weighed at all her appointments, we're birthing at the same hospital just have different dr's surgerys due to where we live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->