anyone else not talking about names

soup

Reaction score
hi we have decided that we are not going to tell ayone about the names we are disscussing for our little one (well not real life friends and family anyway :rofl:) is anyone else choosing to do this?

the reason we are doing it is that we are going to find out the sex and tell everyone that but have had so many friends who had babies and long before they had them we all knoew what it was and what it was going to be called and there was no real suprise left when they announced the birth of their child. also i have to say i personally don't like hearing babies being called by their name before they are born but that is my own opinion and know other people like it.

i just feel a bit bad as i think my folks feel they are missing out on something, although i know they would dissmiss most of the names we like.

i know what you mean about having no surprises left, id love to not find out the sex but im far to inpatient for that, but as for names we have talked about names but not to anyone else just me and partner, i will probley tell everyones babys name when ive given birth!

We are not finding out the sex or giving any name ideas away
We have fake names for when people ask and they will know they are fake i want it all to be as much as a surprise as we can

Our friend didnt tell names not even fake ones and it was really exciting to find everything out when they had each of their girls

We are not giving the name away.... yet anyways lol. We'll see after the scan to find out the sex.

I've talked about it with my sister and closest friend and parents...but no one else...except OH of course. We haven't decided though,long waaays to go yet. Just compiling names right now. But I don't think we'll tell anyone. I know people can be rude, and I don't want them to say anything against our names.

I talk about names allll the time. I think its good to hear other people's opinions on them. Though, if I'm set on a name and nobody else likes it, tough :D Also the most recent boys name I've thought of, I haven't even told bub's dad. Hmmm...

dont think we're gonna tell any "real life family and friends" any of our names...wanna keep it a surprise and dont think we'll definately have a name till lo comes along ...think we're gonna have a few names n see which suits when s/he's born

sara

xxxxxxxx

Only H and I talk about baby names, we wont be telling anyone until baby arrives. We do plan to find out the sex and tell the family before the birth though, but baby name is kept between us.

Cx

We've got a shortlist of names that we don't share with anyone. We've talked about a million names with people, just not the ones we plan on using. I think it's good to hold somethings back just for you and your partner. People will find out the name soon enough...

x

My boyf and I are not sharing our names with anyone, our parents are going a bit mad, I am sure they think we will call it something silly, haha :D... but we would much rather keep it to ourself as it is our child and we want to make the decision on the name without anyone's influence ;)

x

I was so convinced i would want to find out the sex of our baby this time round, but now its come to being preg again i really dont want to know cos it was such a great suprise when millie was born!!!!!!!!!! We also hadnt settled on names till the moment she was born so no one knew really, it was just fab!!

x

I have a feeling that i know the sex of the baby, i had the same with ds and was right, we couldn't find out the sex from scan, so only found out when he was born. When i was having ds, we chose a boys name and girls just in case, and we will be calling our daughter by that name if my feeling is correct, well hubby thinks so too, we can't both be wrong lol. But if we have another boy, then we have that worked out too. No one knows yet, and we don't want them to, we told what we had picked for ds, and everyone told us, no call him this, so this time they can all mind their own business and wait to hear when the baby's born x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->