Anyone else not want a sweep or to be induced?

ay2808

Reaction score
Last time LO came on her due date. i only had paracetemol and a bit of gas and air (but got taken off of it as I wasn't concentrating!!) I really want to go into labour spontaneously so I don't want to be induced as I don't want an epidural. Anyone else refused an induction?

I shall be refusing induction . I might have a sweep if baby keeps measuring big (she's on the 95th percentile) but I've managed 3 spontaneous labours so far so I see no reason to expect different plus Im planning a home birth so induction unless really medically necessary is out x

I will be refusing everything that I can. I'm hoping to skip the epidural this time as well. I also want baby to come on his own sweet time. I tried to rush my first and my body wasn't ready so it didn't do any good she stayed in anyway

I'm not sure about refusing induction as both my boys have come on their due date so can't imagine how it feels to go 2 weeks over, but I think I'd refuse a sweep. From the things I've read they only work if you are pretty much ready to go into labour anyway so can't picture particularly wanting one on the off chance

I went early with DS at 38 weeks and I'm hoping DD will show up sometime between then and her due date. I want a home birth so really want to avoid induction. Not sure about a sweep, I may go for that if I go overdue.

Im opting for a natural birth in hospital, no IV, no induction, nothing but maybe a little air if I need it. Basically nothing will be stuck into me lol.

I don't know about a sweep, ive heard that it only works if baby is like, right there ready to come. To me it seems a bit pointless but if im hitting 42 weeks I may go for it as a last resort.

Dd1 was spontaneous and due to not knowing better I got myself past 5cm at home (if I remember correctly) so epidural wasn't an option by the time I got there.

Dd2 I have obstetric cholestasis so I was put on the induce list Friday morning and was left for them to call me when they could take me. That was just under a week early. Well dd2 spontaneously came just after midnight Sunday. I did have an epidural with her, contracts came on quick and painful. My water broke in bed then they started almost right away. I'm not happy about the idea of a catheter. That's the only fear I have. I was in the process of getting one with dd2 about 4-5hrs after the epidural but I was 10 so they didn't bother.

I don't know how I'll feel this time, I'm a go with the flow but there's a chance the cholestasis can come up again in which I won't have a choice in being induced or not.

Oh and I had 2 sweeps with dd1 at my 39 and 40 week apt, the 40 week did it I went into labour a couple hours after my apt.
I also had a sweep at 38+3 or 4 with dd2 to see if I could go into labour on my own but was on the induce list as back up.

I was induced with my first due to her size. I had a very positive experience and wouldnt mind at all if I had to be induced again. Also induction didn't mean epidural, I just used gas and air.

I went into labour spontaneously with my second and, apart from the waiting around we experienced first time, the labour wasnt all that different.

I would really prefer to let things go naturally. If I reach 42 weeks or monitoring shows any issues, I'll agree to the induction, and if my midwife tells me next week that she really thinks a sweep could be productive in my case, I'll consider it, but I'm hoping to avoid any intervention that isn't necessary. I'll only do the sweep if it's looking like a choice between that and an actual induction. I've made it this far, and I'm not terribly uncomfortable, I'll survive a few more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->