Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

firsttimer1

Reaction score
I had a natural MC 9 days ago and stopped bleeding 2 days ago. Got my negative urine preg test today.

We BD last night for first time in AGES :blush:

So - after much research etc i really cant see any reason why waiting for one AF is beneficial? I didnt have a D&C so my lining is still ok, i feel physicaly and mentally ready.... so other than for dating purposes i think im gonna go for it?

We marry in 4 weeks so i think were going to NTNP - im not going to check OV dates, or chart anything... and then im not going to do a preg test or anything (as after wedding we are on honeymoon).. and as i dont know when AF is due i wont know anyway!

My lovely OH says it up to me.

so is anyone else doing the same? not waiting for one AF? would be nice not to be alone in my decision lol :hugs:

Hi Hun,
Sorry for your loss.... I had mine Nov at 12weeks I did have a D and C.... I started ttc soon as bleeding stopped.... Iv had bloods and an ultrasound done to mk sure im ok everything is, jst had CD21 bloods to confurme ovulation..
If you feel ready then you should go for it... Did it take you long for the pregnancy?
:hugs:

I miscarried on 19th april (naturally at 6 weeks) and started ttc straight away, hoping that we will get lucky again soon and be blessed with a sticky bean.

Hi hun - im sorry for your loss as well xxx

We got pregnnt in the first month of trying - but im trying not to expect that this time (altho its hard). We were so excited and i would have been just over 3 months on our wedding day. :(

We feel were ready to NTNP - But im literally not going to test etc until after honeymoon (as late as poss really - hopefuly the first sign wud be sickness or something!! lol).

I imagine i wont OV for another couple of weeks anyway? not sure how it works after MC? is it generally 2 weeks after the actual MC - or two weeks after bleedin stops?

Hi hun, sorry to hear of your loss,:hugs:

I began to m/c on the 28th March, I was determined to start ttc straight away too when I finished bleeding about 5 days later I started to use my cbfm to catch when I o'd, unfortunatly I didnt O that cycle for some reason best known to my body :wacko: So after af went again I booted up cbfm and to my relief I have o'd this time now in the tww!! I know I will never replace that baby and I will always remember them but that need to be a mum is so strong, I know you are not alone in wanting to ttc straight after m/c hun.x

I hope you manage to get that eggie soon, that would no doubt be your best wedding pressie!!:flower:

Hi hun sorry to hear of your loss....like narla I too made it my mission to catch the first egg before the first af after my m/c...I got a positive opk and dtd but unfortunately didn't conceive so just waiting to o now and will keep trying. As long as you feel readybthere should be nothing to stop you....fx'd for you hun xx

I had a m/c around the same time as you (started on the 28th). I'm still a bit of a wreck emotionally, more than I expected to be, so we've decided not to just NTNP until I feel more myself. Once I'm feeling better, I'll throw myself back into temping, OPK's and TI :) My doctor told me there was no scientific basis for waiting, unless you've had any complications and your doctor has told you to wait.

There's no right or wrong answer - you just have to do what feels right for you.

Hi Firsttimer :flower:

We are in pretty much the same position now hun :thumbup: I've had my follow-up scan this morning after my medical management 12 days ago. Scan all clear :happydance: I think we are going to NTNP this month and then will start actively TTC again after I get first AF. Not sure how my body will react, ie will I even ovulate before first AF??

I am dearly hoping things happen quicker for us this time as it took a year to conceive that first time. I have today at my scan been informed that my womb is retroverted so at least know this now and have looked up the best positions to conceive for this :haha::blush:

Good luck to all ladies TTC after a loss :hugs:

Hi Firsttimer :flower:

We are in pretty much the same position now hun :thumbup: I've had my follow-up scan this morning after my medical management 12 days ago. Scan all clear :happydance: I think we are going to NTNP this month and then will start actively TTC again after I get first AF. Not sure how my body will react, ie will I even ovulate before first AF??

I am dearly hoping things happen quicker for us this time as it took a year to conceive that first time. I have today at my scan been informed that my womb is retroverted so at least know this now and have looked up the best positions to conceive for this :haha::blush:

Good luck to all ladies TTC after a loss :hugs:

well lets keep each other update hun :) and good luck to you - im sure now you know more about to help it along, it will happen quicker for you this time! :)

Oh I hope so [-o<

How exciting for you though having your wedding coming up too :happydance: Where are you off to on Honeymoon? x

Will keep you updated, should know something by the end of this week hopefully, getting some symptoms but don't want to get my hopes too high at this stage! :hugs: to everyone

Fingers crossed for you :dust:
I started to miscarry 12th april and have finally got negative pregnancy test so we are trying again straight away.I couldn't see any reason either to wait to ttc again either.
I have just been to visit my friend and her new baby that she conceived only a couple of weeks after her mc so i'm feeling positive that it will happen soon.
Best wishes for your wedding too.xxx:hugs:

OH BEST OF LUCK TO YOU HELLYPOPS - KEEP US UPDATED :)

Nat0169 - we actually havent booked it yet as with the preg, then the mc - its sort of been left.... but we are now looking at maldives and i CANNOTTTTTT wiat!!!!!! I just hope that im (unknowingly) pregnant whilst out there :)

fingers crossed.... x

I plan on trying to start again after I'm done bleeding but I'm a little scared. We also go pregnant our first month of trying in Feb, only to miscarry at the end of Feb. I started trying right away and got pregnant again, and at 9 weeks the beginning of May I started bleeding again and still am from this miscarriage. So I'm a little frightened it will happen again, I still haven't been to see a doctor for either of them yet, I have an appointment for my first scan Friday, and I haven't told them I miscarried so they won't cancel the appointment on me again! So maybe I'll get some answers, but my pregnancy tests are already coming back lighter so hopefully they go back to normal soon and the bleeding stops!

If you love the person you are with and the feeling is the same with your partner then there is no reason why not to start trying for a baby.

I was sad to hear of your miscarriage however they do say the majority of women who have one miscarriage will go on to have a successful next pregnancy. The good thing is after a miscarriage you are fertile right away (the next month) as I was told by my doctor.

Unfortunately a small percentage of women can have further and multiple simultaneous miscarriages I think it's estimated that 2% of women will have 3 or more miscarriages in a row (unfortunately I fall into that category as I have had 3 miscarriages in the past 5 months).

Like I said and I want to confirm that most women after one pregnancy will go on to have a successful and healthy pregnancy so at this point you should not worry and when the time is right you will be blessed with the tiny patter of feet in your loving home.

I wish you all the very best for your wedding day and future xxx

Hi there

First, we've chatted before, i was so sorry to hear about your mc, mine happened the same time as yours and in the same way. I took the natural mc route and am almost finished bleeding after 8 days and quite a bit of pain.

We've been trying for 18 months but as I have PCOS and irregular cycles i was put on clomid and conceived after only 3 months of proper good timed :sex:.

Im going to NTNP first cycle although ill be temping and using OPKs, just hope its not a long cycle, after my first proper period i can use the clomid again!!

I really hope it happens again soon and goes to full term, going through a mc is a horrendous experience and now ive had a taste of pregnancy it makes me want it even more :baby:

Good luck everyone, shall we keep up this thread to spur each other on??

:dust: xxx

giggles thats a lovely message :)

clobo - lets 100% keep this up and support each other.

We :sex: last night (also did it 2 nights before) although im not temping or doing OV tests etc... and doubt ive ovulated yet anyway - as MC was only 11 days ago... but we are basically just doing it when we want - very natural.

im not even going to test or anything until after honeymoon in 5 weeks (maybe :witch: will visit anyway and i will know) so just doing what we can when we want :)

i hope weall get BFPs soon - then we can all be happy bump buddies!

Taking pregnacare vitimins x

BTw clobo - i was and am still am very sorry for your mc too :( xxx we will get lucky soon tho xxx

Thanks my dear, I had high hopes for you too when you said you had the same problems i had with it growing etc. It just wasnt meant to be :cry:

However we will be strong and keep on going ...

Can i ask a question, did :sex: hurt the first time you did it? We are going to try next week, i want to wait untill i have stopped bleeding completely in case of infection etc but am a bit worried. Ben is really looking forward to it though!! Think we'll try and do it every other day or so for as long as we can keep it up just in case!!

I hope everyone is ok and keeping their chins up :flower: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"