Anyone else NTNP whilst breastfeeding and no AF?

AmeliePoulain

Mama to 3 girls
Reaction score
Just wandered if there was anyone else out there who was NTNP in the hope they might catch the first eggy before their cycles return?

I am still feeding my nearly 13 month old mainly just morning and night feeds with a couple of small sucklings in the night, we are trying to cut out the night feeding now in the hope the :witch: may return!

Anyone else in the same situation?

:flower:

I fed for 13 and half months and af did not return til I stopped totally. I stopped in the middle of Oct and have had 2 af's since. Hope you get your bfp soon.

love Charlotte
xxx

I am really hoping I don't have to give up completely :nope:

I can tell my fertility is definitely increasing - I get bad cramping once a month and my CM has increased and I am occasionally getting EWCM so I really hope it is only a matter of time before things get going again!

Some women are lucky and get af back when they cut down feeds. I had fertile mucus and cramping for the last few months of breastfeeding but no af til I stopped. I hope your lucky and it comes back soon. Good luck huun!
love Charlotte
xxxx

Hi AP! Joining you here, though I'm a few months behind so 1st dibs to you. :flower:

Hello Span! Very exciting that you are on the ntnp bandwagon now, I could never be anything other than very excited about you getting a bfp so I hope it happens really soon :flower: hopefully with you amazing sleeper/eater it will!

Me me me! We are NTNP and AF hasn't returned. We have a 12 week old so I'm being realistic and trying to remind myself that it's likely that nothing will happen for a long time. Still pretty exciting though!

Me me me! We are NTNP and AF hasn't returned. We have a 12 week old so I'm being realistic and trying to remind myself that it's likely that nothing will happen for a long time. Still pretty exciting though!

Wow you are brave with a 12 week old! You never know though, a good friend of mine fell pregnant with twins when her son was 5 months and she was exclusively bfing - he AF returned at 12 weeks PP I think.

She is going to have 3 under 13 months which is a bit crazy :haha:

Me!!! Dont really want an AF, would rather just get pregnant!!!! I hope its possible.

Best of Luck. Will be stalking this thread

I am really hoping something might happen in the fairly near future!

Alot of my friends seem to have AF return between 6 - 8 months PP when their babies really got into solid food and quite often were STTN.

Until very recently we have been co-sleeping for most of the night and I haven't restricted Ivy's milk at all overnight (we are night weaning her at the moment though and she is generally in her cot until 6/7am now) From what I have read when you feed on demand, cosleep and allow night feedings then the average time for AF to return is around about 14 months...so I still have another month to go before I can start getting really impatient :haha:

Not much brave, just totally crazy :haha: We want our babies close in age hopefully. We conceived the 1st month we were ntnp so hubby is convinced our 2nd will be quick. He's in for disappointment me thinks. We feed on demand as well but she does regularly sttn (8-9hrs) so hopefully that helps bring my levels down enough for AF to return soon. I hope we can get a bfp before even having AF returning.

I feed on demand, BUT James slept through the night from 5.5 weeks-5.5 months, then was teething and needed 1 night feed, and the last 5 days or so has been sleeping 11 hours straight again. So I'm hoping that even though I feed him during the day the long night stretch will let me ovulate. We've given him a bit of solid food, but he didn't like it so we took a break, I think I'm going to start feeding him again thohugh in hopes of ovulating. AF would be helpful to know I'm ovulating. If I'm getting EWCM then maybe I'm ovulating? Wondering if I should buy some OPKs. My husband wants to start ntnp/ttc ina month or two, but has dtd without condoms a few times now, so he would be happy if/when we get pregnant again. It only took 3 months to concieve James (1st month for you JZW?! WOW) so I'm hoping it wont take forever for #2.

Amelie - Amazing that you haven't gotten AF yet!! Are you sad about weaning? Is Ivy eating a lot of solids? Sorry nosy, just thinking ahead to what will be coming up with James!

There's a few of now! :thumbup:

Meg has been mainly STTN since about 8 weeks and now goes 12-13 hours. We get a few nights here and there where she wakes for a feed once in the night (growth spurts?) but my boobs have adjusted and, for the 1st time, I can go without the bra/breastpads combo overnight. :thumbup:
We've been weaning for 2 months now and she eats 3 good meals a day. Before weanng she was feeding every 2-3 hours but now she has only 4 feeds a day. Still no AF though.
I'm hoping that returning to work in early Feb will help? I'll be doing 3 consecutive days a week and, on those days, I'll only be feeding twice a day - feed and pump 1st thing and last thing, sometimes only pumping last thing IF she settles without me. (big IF!).
I'm also thinking of using some OPKs. We got preggers at the 1st time of trying with Meg so having a longer period of TTC will be a bit new to me! :blush:

Ivy only has a morning and evening feed now - when she has been teething badly I sometimes use boob to calm her down which resulted in an extra feed in the day, on the one occasion she has ever been poorly she wanted to feed all day.

I would be sad if I had to wean her fully, I wouldn't do it cold turkey because it would be to hard on her at the moment, if I fully wean I would be aiming to have her off boob by the time she is 18 months ish.

Like Span I am hopeful that me being at work will help with getting my cycles back, I do 2.5 days and have been back a month or so but Christmas has disrupted our work routine a little.

I have had ewcm and even a teeny tiny bit of pink cm last month but no af yet, I am using i/c opks which are all over the place at the moment - 4 days of them gradually getting darker and then pure white :shrug:

Ivy was conceived following one afternoon of passion so hopefully once I am ovulating things won't take too long. I do worry about the effect bfing has on luteal phase though and that most ladies I know with af back who still bf have cycles all over the place it seems!

I have a friend who has three children, and she hasn't had a visit from AF since before the first. She caught the first OV each time, and breastfed the lot of them. She now has a 5 year old, a 3 year old and a 6 week old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->