Anyone else off their food?

Yes Tink, I've got that exactly!!!
Feel very hungry,like others said but don't really fancy anything. My DP was amazed that I was turning down chocolate and ice cream when we were in the supermarket earlier! I think this may be the prelude to actually vomiting?!!

Lol! I was thinking the same thing - I feel queasy just thinking about food sometimes, so I'm thinking this is the stage before MS. I'm only 5.5 weeks, so I guess that would make sense...? I also find that when I do start eating, I can only manage a bit before I'm bloated and feeling sick. Last night I was soooo bloated, I looked about 6 months pregnant! :rofl:

I'm about 13wks now and now that I can actually eat again cuz ms has gone, I've lost the desire for any food at all :rofl:

But my god I've never had such hunger pains in my life :blush:

How far are you???

I'm 5.5 weeks, so it's still early, but it's just so unlike me to be off my food! And yes, the hunger pains are bad! I keep waking up in the middle of the night absolutely ravenous, but can't find anything I want to eat and when I do eat something I definitely don't enjoy it! It's reassuring to hear so many of us are feeling the same :hugs:

Try cereal if you don't feel like anything but know you must.

I hate milk, can't stand it, but can tolerate it in cereal.

The milk is good for us and cereal contains goodness and vitamins which we need.

I'm quite into Weetabix at the moment, and it sure helps with my constipation lol!

Me too. If you knew me then you would know I like to eat, haha... but since around my 5th week I have felt sick and had NO appetite whatsoever.

I have been feeling sick before eating but forcing myself to eat something (which makes me feel a bit better). I have days when I try different foods to see if anything will bring back my appetite, but no.

I have definitely been doing what ribboninthesky has done...

Try cereal if you don't feel like anything but know you must.

The milk is good for us and cereal contains goodness and vitamins which we need.

I'm quite into Weetabix at the moment, and it sure helps with my constipation lol!

Cereals seem to help alot and are at least nutritious for us and the LO ;)

xxx

Hi there,
I'm also the same as you....feel quite sick every day and have started to get really picky with my food. I just can't find anything I fancy.....I have completely gone off vegetables which has been a worry. I have also gone off things with funny textures! I have made myself eat "bubble and squeak" tonight, but it was just potato and sprouts! Still feel sick now I have finished.......I just can't find anything I like!

oh yeah, I forgot to add, the one thing I do have every day is weeabix first thing in the morning with hot milk......seems to settle my stomach first thing x

Glad to read this. Been force feeding during dinner/lunch/breakfast. Mainly I carry around a huge water bottle, and even the water makes me feel icky. I'm not nauseas, just not feeling good. The DH has to pick out food for me or I won't figure out what to eat. Last time I was always hungry and would get nauseas if I didn't eat. So happy to see there are others who've lost thei appetite, but aren't actually throwing up.

Hey!!!! this is totally me!!!! Im hungry! (Or i havent eaten for a while and I know i need to eat something) but there isnt anything i want!!! it drives my OH crazy!!!!

I am 14+2 now and still off my food :(
There is nothing I feel like or fancy.
DH went into shock when I refused chocolate in the supermarket ,along with the little bits of snacks I usually like.
Our food bill is down,LOL

The only thing that appeals to me is cornflakes with ice cold milk.
And cold food ,like sandwiches sounds better than big hot meals.
I just can't face a fullmeal at all.

Its my anniversary on thursday and we are going out,just hope I can eat more than breadsticks!

I wish I could just eat cereal. I thought there was something wrong with the milk cuz it just tasted too strong. Special K (which is my normal fav) gives me raging heartburn, so it's not too appealing to me anymore.
I did seriously enjoy some garlic parsley chicken last night.. with no heartburn...ironically.

I feel like I have the flu. I'm tired, achy, nauseous, and keep getting the shakes and dizziness/faint spells. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep all day every day! And the hysteria, jesus, I cry over nothing and I cry so much I get out of breath and then panic and then can't find an inhaler and omg I'm convinced I'm going to die etc. etc. it's a nightmare. But food-wise I'm the same as you lot, completely off it. I'm having to force myself to eat to make sure I get enough in me. I try to eat lots in the morning because I know at work I'm not so motivated so whilst I'm getting ready and stuff I make myself nibble on various things in the house. I haven't even been getting hunger pangs, I just have no appetite, and no desire for food.

Kitten- I hate the whole crying bit. I can feel myself getting all sad and I'm like noooooo don't do it you fool!

WOW i just managed to eat my first bar of choccy in bout 6 weeks!!!!

OK, so since I posted this thread, I keep switching between no desire for food, then feeling starving but don't fancy anything and then yesterday, I wanted to eat everything! I still haven't been sick yet, but the thought of food often makes me queasy. Still having to force-feed myself most of the time. Why can't we feel like this when we want to diet! Lol x

LOL. I know. They've gotta learn how to bottle that and feed it to the masses.

Hi everyone.... I think I have a different problem. Well I have had aversions like you all. I just stopped drinking tea (decaf) one day. Used to love it but drank it once and got a bit nauseated and since then I haven't had any desire for it. Tried cereal today and it made me nauseated... But mostly, I crave things... pizza last night... had one piece and was "done"... 1 piece!!! Fruit... Had a banana today and that was great, no problems... but still hungry, didn't fill me up. Had an orange awhile ago and the smell was wonderful... taste was wonderful... but a few minutes after I ate it my stomach felt "heavy" and I started getting cramps... like upset stomach cramps... :-( I am so afraid of m/s coming... had it so bad with my daughter... symptoms do seem to get worse day by day, but I am still trying to have a positive attitude and eat as much of a variety of foods as possible until it hits (to get lots of nutrition). Mostly I have been eating SOOO much in the mornings and afternoons, seems to help keep the nausea at bay... appetite tapers off after dinner each day. Although I feel like I have been eating like a horse I have not gained an ounce... but my tummy is hard underneath my fat roll lol... Things are definitely changing down there... tons of bloat but I am drinking lots of water and eating healthy foods (mostly)... anyway, sorry for rambling... these are my experiences...

Hi everyone.... I think I have a different problem. Well I have had aversions like you all. I just stopped drinking tea (decaf) one day. Used to love it but drank it once and got a bit nauseated and since then I haven't had any desire for it. Tried cereal today and it made me nauseated... But mostly, I crave things... pizza last night... had one piece and was "done"... 1 piece!!! Fruit... Had a banana today and that was great, no problems... but still hungry, didn't fill me up. Had an orange awhile ago and the smell was wonderful... taste was wonderful... but a few minutes after I ate it my stomach felt "heavy" and I started getting cramps... like upset stomach cramps... :-( I am so afraid of m/s coming... had it so bad with my daughter... symptoms do seem to get worse day by day, but I am still trying to have a positive attitude and eat as much of a variety of foods as possible until it hits (to get lots of nutrition). Mostly I have been eating SOOO much in the mornings and afternoons, seems to help keep the nausea at bay... appetite tapers off after dinner each day. Although I feel like I have been eating like a horse I have not gained an ounce... but my tummy is hard underneath my fat roll lol... Things are definitely changing down there... tons of bloat but I am drinking lots of water and eating healthy foods (mostly)... anyway, sorry for rambling... these are my experiences...

I think it just goes to show that pregnancy is slightly different for each of us, I find it absolutely fascinating. I have to say though, I almost want m/s to hit me (you can tell this is my first pregnancy!) as it will reinforce that I'm pregnant if that makes sense! I just hope I can be sick before I get to work, otherwise they will all start to wonder what's going on with me!

Just try to keep eating as much healthy food as you can, and if you crave something bad, as long as you only have a little, that should be OK. Good luck hun! x

Me too, also have that queasy not quite nauseous, and not feeling "good" feeling. Though I had a particularly bad moment in the grocery store the other day and wasn't sure if I would have to bolt for the restroom or not :dohh:. but I seem to not really have an appetite either, before I was pg I ate very well, and was always hungry.

That describes me totall y at the moment, feel a bit queasy, don't want food, cook it then don't want it.

I'm not hungry at all, my stomach rumbles but I dont really fancy anything xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"