Anyone else on hold with TTC this month due to Lap or something else?

inpghttc

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I was just wondering if anyone else is having a laproscopy done soon or any other procedure that makes TTC have to be put on hold this month? I have been trying for 7 months and seeked out an RE after 6 months due to being 34 and having concerns over spotting 4 days before AF ever since coming off the pill in June. So far the only issue found was that I have low progesterone. I was an 8 naturally, a 10 with 50 mg Clomid, and a 14 on 100mg Clomid. After the second round of Clomid failed, and I saw BFN's, my RE scheduled a consult with me to determine what the next steps are. My DH also had a SA, which turned out "excellent" according to my RE. So, I'm guessing the problem is with me. He said that he could live with my progesterone level this last cycle, but it still isn't high enough. He would like to try injectables because he states that they will definitely get my levels way higher and will help to mature better eggs. I asked him about progesterone creams and he said that studies show that lower levels of progesterone point to a lower quality egg that is being ovulated during that cycle and so progesterone only helps after the fact. He would rather see me having good, strong O's. I O on my own, I guess just not good enough. He then told me that he recommends diagnostic laproscopy first before starting injectables to check for endometriosis, polyps, fibroids, or anything else that could be getting in the way. I don't really have the typical symptoms to suggest something is wrong in that regard and my hysterosonogram turned out to be normal (I didn't have an HSG, just the sonogram type so far), but he said that he has seen cases where people had severe endo and no symptoms and vice versa. He just feels it is best to test first instead of potentially having 3 failed injectable cycles and then find out I have issues that could have been found and corrected by laproscopy. I do kinda agree with him. I am just a little nervous about the procedure and the anesthesia. Because you are not allowed to BD for two weeks after the procedure, this month will be shot and we will move on to injectables next month. Anyone else in limbo? My lap is on Tuesday. I was told to take Wednesday off work as well. I am also going to try acupuncture starting next Thursday to see if it helps me. A friend of mine said it helped her get her BFP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->