Anyone else out there whose never been on the pill?

Dani88

Reaction score
I am 26 years old and my husband is 25 years old. I have never been on the pill (we’ve used condoms before ttc). We have been actively trying since October. I have been using OPKs every month and started taking a prenatal vitamin in November. We have been BDing at least every other day (changing it up from morning to evening) from the time my period ends to the time it starts back up again. In December we were off on holidays for over two weeks around my fertile window and were BDing every day (some days 2 or 3 times).

I am 6DPO today and this cycle I’ve given it 110 percent. We did the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP), I drank tons and tons of grapefruit juice from CD1 up to 1DPO, finished an entire bottle of Robitussin from CD11 up to ovulation day (CD16). The grapefruit juice and Robitussin made a huge difference with EWCM. I drank pineapple juice and ate the pineapple core from 2DPO to 4DPO. I’ve been eating sunflower seeds and walnuts since ovulation. I have also been soaking my feet in warm to hot water for 20 minutes for the last couple of days (I read this is supposed to create a warm and hospitable environment for implantation to occur).

Anyways, with all this extra effort this month, I was really upset last night when I felt the same symptoms I get about a week before AF arrives. I guess I assumed since I’ve never been on birth control that it would happen sooner for us, which makes me worry something could be wrong, but we won’t be able to get tests done for at least another 7 months.

My question is, for those of you who have never been on the pill and have pretty regular cycles (mine are 28-30 days) how many cycles have you been trying for (or if you are currently trying for #2 or beyond, how many cycles did it take with your current child(ren)?)

I know 5 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things, however I am a worrier and month after month of BFNs isn't easy.

Thanks!

Anyone? I guess being on the pill before ttc is the norm.

I took the pill for about 2 months when I was a teen, but then I kinda just stopped because I wasn't having sex and I didn't want to take meds. (I was a rebellious girl and my mother wanted me on the pill... the only reason I took it in the first place)

That being said I dated my DH seven years and only used a condom for protection. We just got married last May and haven't been using a thing since. I'm 27 years old, We haven't had a sticky bean yet. (one M/C since the wedding though)

I've never been on the pill, and it took us 3 1/2 years to conceive our ds. We waited for 2 years before finding out dh has fertility issues. I would definitely recommend getting checked out once you hit a year with no bfp's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->