Anyone else overdue who doesn't want to be induced?

Embo78

Mum of five
Reaction score
I'm 40+5 and feeling more and more convinced I'll still be pregnant in December 😂😂

I had a horrendous induction with my last baby so I really want to avoid induction unless baby is in any danger what so ever.

I've tried sex, walking, bouncing on my ball, spicy food every day, pineapple, clary sage oil and epo.

I've given up trying now and I'm trying to rest as much as possible because I'm in a lot of pain with my spd, hips and sciatica. I'm not sleeping very well either so I'm trying to conserve energy.

I was supposed to have a sweep on my due date but I wasn't engaged so they sent me away! I'm going again in the morning so hopefully I'm now engaged and cervix is favourable for a good old sweep!! If not I just know I'll cry and cry!

Please tell me I'm not alone in my misery :haha:

Oh hun, that must be awful with all that pain!
I am overdue and impatient, but at least i feel ok apart from heartburn
Can you get monitored to make sure baby ok?
I am not sure if you are in UK, but you can go up to 42 weeks..saying that ive been offered induction at 41+5 if nothing happens

If cervix is high up, then baby probably is not ready. Ive read that all your babies were overdue? Some women just cook them longer:)

with my 4th i refused induction and she came at 43 weeks only 1 hour labor she was ready to come out best labor out of all 7 :)

Iren I think they advice induction at 42 weeks in my trust and I'd be happy at that gestation because the risk of still birth increases after this time. Being 42 weeks would mean my body would "hopefully" respond better to the process.

Wow mum I've never heard of anyone getting to 43 weeks! Awesome :)

Me, two days over now, induction booked for the 28th. I'm so frustrated and disappointed, I went 13 days over with ds (induction was booked for day 14) & I was praying that this time I'd just blooming give birth without all the excess waiting!
They don't do s&s here until 41 weeks so I've got a wait for that too.
I absolutely don't want induction, but I'm not going over 2 weeks either, I had meconium in my waters last time, was on a clip, be needed his lungs suctioned after, I just feel like waiting over two weeks increases that.

That worries me too indie. I'm scared of baby getting distressed and pooping inside me. I'm going to be discussing this with my midwife tomorrow. :thumbup:

I think waiting til 42wks is fine, maybe just ask to have extra monitoring and have a scan? I'm seeing an ob and he does a quick scan to make sure baby is ok staying in there, fluid levels ok etc. I would be scared about meconium etc as well though so I understand being worried.

I really don't want to be induced either. My sister got induced for her last baby though and it went really well, she was already slowly going into labour though, so they just gave her a bit of gels to help her along. Also I have a friend who just got induced coz her waters broke and she wasn't having contractions, she had a really positive experience, only 4hr labour and it was her first baby. So that gives me hope that it won't necessarily be an awful experience.

I know this page is related to those who want a homebirth but it also gives great info on induction in labour..https://www.homebirth.org.uk/overdue.htm#refuse

I went 10 days over with my first baby but I was convinced I was only 3 days over by my own dates, and my waters broke 3 days before I gave birth- I told a midwife I didn't want to be induced and she told me that i didn't have to - i was lucky to have her there- went into natural labour that night with no problems. Good luck xx

I was induced with my first at 41+4 due to low fluid but with my second scans/monitoring were fine so I opted to wait until 42 weeks (well it ended up being the day before but close enough. My trust will induce post dates from 10 days over depending on space. My second induction was a lot better than my first, though I doubt being slightly further along was the only reason for that but I don't think it hurt. 42 weeks was my limit though, was a bit scared of the risks of waiting longer even though I know others have done with no issues. All the best and fc no induction is needed :)

i don't know anyone else who went to 43 weeks and she had pooed in me but was fine it was a little long and i am not sure if i would wait that long again ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->