Anyone else panicking about Christmas?

LPF

Reaction score
I'm not so bothered about nights out etc, more christmas week!

We are going away to family for a week (50/50 across parents and in laws) have loads planned - santa express train, meals, drinks parties, all the usual Xmas stuff). Works Xmas meal (pâté as starter....). And just getting everything done.

My 3 yr old is totally into it all this year, SO excited about everything. I'm scared of ruining it for him by being floored bysickness and tiredness. We will be surrounded by family, I don't want to be miserable nor do I want to tell them yet!

Worrying about avoiding drink, especially my customary Buck's Fizz when opening presents, food choices 'can I eat smoked salmon?!?!?!?' Am I going to be sick all over my Xmas dinner and ruin it for everyone??.....

If it wasn't for ds, I'd consider cancelling to save the stress but in reality I ADORE Christmas and I want to enjoy it and not be ill!!!!!

Anyone else?

Lol you really sound stressed. Try relaxing and not thinking to much into it. Tell everyone you can't have buck fizz as your on tablets. If you said you had a bug you could get away with your starter and just have your main meal. sleep when you can to get rest with your 3year old

try not to focus on it because you will just be more obvious if you do... I don't know what a Buck Fizz is but if its in a bottle just empty it out and fill with something that looks similar if its something that you always do cold bug or not...

I'm also worried about xmas because I'm not sure I can keep it to myself with that much exposure to family... I kept my distance my last two pregnancies and got away with it... can't do it this time. Thankfully after xmas my parents go to Mexico for 2 weeks whew... I'm hoping to save it till 14 weeks.. once I'm in second tri and coincidently my 30th bday.

Could someone you trust substitute Bucks Fizz for fresh orange and lemonade? Most food is safe in pregnancy but its up to you what you eat or not, could always say you've got a dodgy tum and want to avoid it? Otherwise just try and rest while you can and enjoy your little ones excitement :)

I agree just go with the flow and try not to worry about it! There's plenty of reasons as to why you may not drink or get dh to make up the Buck's Fizz and he can make you a special one:winkwink: again eat what you want but I would avoid the raw fish and pâté but again there can be reasons to not having these xx

Thanks all, I will try and relax a bit!

We are staying in other people's houses for the week and have very little control over food and drink (as in I can't go round substituting drink in bottles!!). All I can do is refuse really and maybe bring a few things for myself.

It's the close contact with so much family which worries me - I think they'll guess in under 10 mins!

I just want a lovely Xmas and not spend it with my head down the toilet!!!!

Maybe just tell them Hun and take away the stress x

Maybe just tell them Hun and take away the stress x

I have considered it but I had to tell them when I had my MC because I was rushed in by ambulance badly haemorrhaging and needed a blood transfusion, I was REALLY poorly for weeks with anaemia and we needed help with lo.

If I tell them while in the 'danger zone', I know they will all start majorly panicking about me......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->