Anyone else put a ridiculous amount of weight on?!?!

ShirlWirl

Reaction score
Please don't tell me if you have gained 35lbs or less because I might cry!! I'm up 3 stone - probably more now because I'm scared of weighing myself - I am huge!!! Am I the only one who has put so much weight on?? I feel hideous!

I put 5 stone on with my boys but don't remember feeling so enormous that I could cry! (but I probably did at the time)

My maternity clothes are getting too small and I already went up 2 sizes. I just put some size (uk) 16 summer maternity trousers on and they are skin tight - whaaaaa!!! I'm a size 12 pre-pregnancy!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who is puffed up to the max with 7 weeks still to go?!?! Surely it can't all be fat?? No way could I put this much weight if I wasn't preggers!

I asked midwife about it and she said not to worry about it - I'm not worried but hate being so huge!

Please reply if you are in the same position because it will make me feel so much better lol!

I put on 19kg, which is about 38lbs I think? I had LO last week & have lost 7kg already :)

Thank god for this post!!!! Don't worry hun u will soon lose it when baby is born, I put on 6 stone when pregnant with my daughter, I'm now 28 weeks pregnant and already up by 35+ lbs. I was totally devastated and uncomfortable but now am just learning to live with it, baby is well a truly worth it, it will all soon melt away when baby is here. Here if u wanna chat :) xxx

Thankyou Dani ldn - I know it will come off quick after birth but I'm so uncomfortable now and nothing fits me :( I'm just having a moan I suppose

I put on 38 lbs and around 36 weeks I stopped gaining probably cause I'm close to labor. This is my first and my.sisters never gained more than 20-25 lbs with all there babies so I've felt like a whale throughout this pregnancy. The weight gain stopped bugging me though cause now I'm only concerned with everything labor!

I am feeling the same got on the scales yesterday - big mistake. I am up to 14 stone and started at 11.6 which was already 1 half stone over what I like to be. People keep telling me that I will loose it when the baby comes and yes I know my belly will get smaller but what about the weight on my legs and arms, it is going to take some serious shifting!!! Was looking at a photo of Kim kardashian today and thinking go I look like that, minus the hideous clothes!!!! I am tall ish 5.7 but still looking big all over!!!!!

I'm 35 weeks and up 33lbs, I think I feel so big cause I was a size 10 pre pregnancy, and I'm only 5'2 so it looks like more, I finished work today and now terrified that il pile it in even faster now during the last few weeks as I won't be running around nearly as much!!

Thankyou hollysmmy and optomistic! I really felt like it was just me because when I read the weight gain threads they are all saying I'm up 20lbs and feel huge!! I honestly can't believe how much weight I've gained and its all over - on my thighs butt and face! Hohum... the joys!!! I'm going to have some hard work to do after this birth!

2.5 stone for me.

I need to get active before any more piles on!

Tell me about it I've never been able to stick with a workout so is going to be awhile before I shed this weight hopefully breast feeding helps....

Thankyou Sharnaw and hannah11 - I'm 5'9" and when I tell people how much I've gained they don't believe - like I'm some kind of freak!! I think my legs are the worst - they are rubbing together and I feel very uncomfortable :(

Tell me about it I've never been able to stick with a workout so is going to be awhile before I shed this weight hopefully breast feeding helps....

I'm really hoping breast feeding give a nice kickstart to weightloss too

Thankyou Sharnaw and hannah11 - I'm 5'9" and when I tell people how much I've gained they don't believe - like I'm some kind of freak!! I think my legs are the worst - they are rubbing together and I feel very uncomfortable :(

I feel the same! it bothers me most that my thighs are rubbing :( feel it in my face too...

Aww glad you ladies are all big too lol! Only joking...but I do feel a little better :)

I'd been doing excellent until about three weeks ago. I haven't changed a single thing and the scale keeps going up every morning. At 26 weeks I was up 18 lbs... today at 28+4 I'm up 23. 5 lbs in 2 and a half weeks... WTF!!!! I've been uber healthy and exercising.. I almost broke down this morning when I got on the scale. I hope this sudden gain stops soon!

I'd been doing excellent until about three weeks ago. I haven't changed a single thing and the scale keeps going up every morning. At 26 weeks I was up 18 lbs... today at 28+4 I'm up 23. 5 lbs in 2 and a half weeks... WTF!!!! I've been uber healthy and exercising.. I almost broke down this morning when I got on the scale. I hope this sudden gain stops soon!

I went up 9 lbs in 2 weeks at about the same stage as that - midwife said its totally normal as you gain a lot of fluid around that time and baby usually has a growth spurt too

Thanks ShirlWirl,that really makes me feel better! Monday the doc I had to see, not my regular one, made mefeel horrible. He was comparing me to a heffer (female cow)! At what point did your sudden gaining level off?

Ive put on 4st although havnt actually put any weight on in the last 2 weeks.

I dont let it bother me. Its only baby weight and it will come off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->