Anyone else really scared of being sick?

magicteapot

Esme (3) Baby on the way!
Reaction score
I've had emetophobia for quite a few years. Even the thought of being nauseous scares me.

But this pregnancy is making me feel horrific. Everyone is telling me to get over it because I am pregnant and you are supposed to be sick and carry on as usual. I have spent the last week in bed too scared to move. Everytime I don't eat for more than 2 hours I start gagging and I just feel like vomiting constantly. It defo wasn;t this bad with my daughter. I can't carry on as normal.

Is anyone else super scared of being sick? I feel so silly but I will do anything to not be sick right now!!!

Hi there! I am very emetophobic and did everything in my power not to be sick as well. I ate ginger mints constantly, upped magnesium, and ate carrots as all specifically help prevent vomiting. I felt motion sick for 8 weeks, gagged a lot, but never did throw up. It's been 11 years for me and I'm still scared because I hear some women fet sick during labor. Do what you can, but if all else fails it will eventually pass.

Good Luck!

Yesss hello me here !!!! I feel insane. Not only am I scared of being sick but when I am sick or start to feel sick I get so scared of it it sends me into a panick attack :( call me crazy. I'm 7 weeks 2 days now and I know it's only gonna get worse :( so scared of what's to come

Aw hugs. My brother has that fear and he has only managed to throw up twice in his life! Both times as a kid. I've been sick more times than I can count this pregnancy even ended up in hospital dehydrated :( for me it's not the actual fear of vomiting as much as it is feeling nauseous. When I start to feel nauseous I get anxious and it just makes things worse. I hate hate hate the feeling! But it does get better... Just part of the territory I guess. Wish I was one of the ladies who never even felt pregnant!

It's so horrible isn't it!! In my last pregnancy I ate tic tacs, apples, oranges and ginger sweets constantly but in this one I can't stomach em! I did wonder whether to go to the doctors the get prescribed something but I'm not sure whether they would just tell me I'm being silly :S

xx

Me! I don't have emetophobia - I just remember how sick I was with my previous pregnancies & can't imagine going through that again. I ended up being hospitalised because I was throwing up so much my esophagus was irritated & bleeding. I also passed out at one point during week 7. I'm on week 5 & the next two weeks can't pass quickly enough! I'm dreading getting so sick again whilst looking after a toddler.

I'm very sick this pregnancy again. I have emetaphobia but it's not as bad in pregnancy thank god. My phobia is worst when others are ill and I think I'm going to catch it. Once I'm actually ill I'm not as bad. I do hate this though. Fear of hyperemesis happening again made me put off TTC for a long time and I have been signed off work for the past month. I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow and I'm so scared of throwing up at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->