Anyone else scared?

mrsbailey8

Mommy to Caiden (:
Reaction score
First off, this is my first post in this section, so I wanted to say hi. I'm Lauren, I'm 19, married, and expecting our first baby boy...I'm 38+5.

Anyway, I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of labor....especially now that it could happen,anytime. I'm just so scared that something is going to go wrong and I'm going to die during or shortly after giving birth. No matter what I do I just can't get rid of this fear. I cry everyday and have numerous panic attacks. I just keep thinking that I'm going to hemorrhage, or something will go wrong with the epidural etc. I'm convinced that I'm not going to make it.

Is anyone else really scared?

Welcome to the forum! I'd suggest maybe looking into having a Caesarian Section if you're genuinely that scared of giving birth naturally, I hope you have a healthy and happy labour :)

To be honest...I didn't fear for labor my first pregnancy,I did have worries and.my.labor was really traumatic...but for.some reason I'm not scared this time around
.maybe its just because I know labor is labor..once you start,there's no going back..and whatever happens..happens:shrug: I thought about a c section..and how I'd like to take the easy route,but if you read enough c section stories you'll know they aren't easy either:nope: so really,when you're in labor

Hope for the very best and just remember your bebe will be there soon and you waited sooo long for that day:kiss: I'm Jazmine by the way,I'm 18 and expecting my second son:flower:

Hi! Welcome to Teen Pregnancy! I'm Kelsey, 18 and 34+5 expecting my little boy Blake early May.

I'm scared of all of that too. I'm actually even more afraid because I was told by the doctor today I may need a blood transfusion before baby is born due to my blood not clotting fast enough. Have to have my blood tested again next appointment. But I have my mom and OH who reassure me everything is going to be fine. I also get bad panic attacks worrying about it, but I tell myself that women have been giving birth since the beginning of time, and our doctors are well trained and will be able to fix it if anything goes wrong.

I think it's perfectly natural to be scared, although maybe it's just the fear of the unknown that's worrying you?

Yes I think that's exactly what it is....not knowing what will happen! I just want to get it all over with!

I am as well, but I have a while so can't imagine what your feeling.

Try not to worry and remember that you will be in safe hands :flower:

Just think of it as every second is a second closer to meeting your baby.
Alot of women say it's not as bad as you think because your body takes over and you'll find many women would say they'd go through it all again for their little ones.
Hope you're feeling a little better about birth!

Just thought I'd add that a C Section isn't an easy way out either.

Yeah I really don't want to have a c section because I've heard it's a lot harder to recover from and one of my big fears is about needing an epidural...so I'd like to steer clear of a c section of I can...

Have you heard of tokophobia? It's a phobia of giving birth (and pregnancy too, but you can have one without the other). If you're having panic attacks, you may have that. I'm not far along enough to be too scared but I think I might be tokophobic myself...my mother had a traumatic birth with me and I almost died, so I'm terrified that I or the baby might die. I think it'd be a good idea to bring your fears up with your OBGYN... being so scared that you're having panic attacks probably isn't good for you and maybe talking about it might help? Best of luck.

To be honest with my daughter I wasn't scared at all, and I'm sure not being nervous helped me cope, I'm not gunna lie it hurts but they can give you so much to help you if you want it and women do it every day you'll do great and once you have that little one in your arms it'll all be worth and seem so insignificant.

I'm a little more nervous with this one but I've got a long way to go and I know I can do it because I've done it before and I know how worth it it is!

I'm petrified of Labour. I have the exact same feelings as you. I just try to reassure myself that it's for my LO and My mum and OH try to reassure me constantly.

Ive gotten a little bit better....but im still scared!

Hi!
Well - I'm pregnant with my first baby too and for awhile I was so scared of birth. I would get all worked up at night and have panic attacks thinking about it and I could barely stop crying. I've convinced myself now that BIRTH isn't what I'm scared of, I'm also not to scared about dieing from something that goes wrong as long as LO lives - I'm mostly scared about the epi being done wrong and paralyzing me - now that's what has me in tears EVERY night again. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->