Anyone else start questioning name choices as you get further along?

SarahBear

Reaction score
In my first pregnancy, I had two lead names (one boy, one girl) and a list of other considerations. I was concerned because I couldn't think of too many alternative boy names. I kept looking at and trying to form a list of names to consider once the baby was born. This time around, I settled pretty quickly on Leo for a boy and Azalea for a girl. I was content with not having a list and just felt that those names were all I needed. Now as I am starting the 3rd trimester, I find myself questioning the names and wondering if I should have a couple back-ups.

How has the name deciding going for you? Increased questioning as you get closer, or more resolved as you get closer?

Edit: One thing that has me wondering is that Liam is insanely popular in the states right now and Leo sounds very similar.

We done the same with our second and third child. They were name changed at the end lol.

This baby has been Isabella until 4 weeks ago when hubby said he wasn't happy and now she is Robyn which I'm rather pleased about!
If you feel unsettled about a name then it probably isn't right :) cx

Not necessarily true! I wasn't settled on Violet until Violet was born. I knew immediately that she was Violet when I saw her after she was born!

I felt the same about Rory's name (although we never settled on a girl's name for him). We'd loved it from the start but I had major second thoughts towards the end. He was just absolutely a Rory from the moment I saw him though. I think doubts are natural and you'll probably love the names again when you meet your baby. If you don't though it isn't the end of the world and you have a while to pick a perfect new name.

Leo is more popular than Liam here, but I don't consider the names too similar.

With DD I changed her name an hour before I had her.

This time I am becoming more and more set that this little girl will be named Thea as time goes on.

I'm very much the same, I love the name charlotte but I don't know if I love it as much as I did when I chose it. I'd change it but everyone already calls her Charlotte, I'm sure when I see her I'll be happy with her name though.

With DD, we settled on her name from the moment we knew I was pregnant, but close to my due date DH wavered and suggested an alternate. We kept with the original name and are so glad we did. Just today I was looking at her and mentioned to DH that I couldn't imagine her as having any other name.

This time, we had such a tough time with girl names! We knew our boy name since we didn't use it for her (we're team yellow this time), but we did end up changing our girl name just this week. We're still not 100%... gah.

I've been settled on Eden from the start but I'm wavering on the middle name it was going to be Eden Nicole but now I'm thinking Eden holly
We're just gonna wait till she arrives I think when you look at them the right name will come :)

With DD, we settled on her name from the moment we knew I was pregnant, but close to my due date DH wavered and suggested an alternate. We kept with the original name and are so glad we did. Just today I was looking at her and mentioned to DH that I couldn't imagine her as having any other name.

This time, we had such a tough time with girl names! We knew our boy name since we didn't use it for her (we're team yellow this time), but we did end up changing our girl name just this week. We're still not 100%... gah.

We're actually not even considering our boy name from last time!

Totally! To the point with this pregnancy that I'm not even thinking too seriously about names and probably won't until the baby arrives. I'm 39 weeks and have probably thought about names about 3 times. I find it so confusing!!

We think we know a boys name that we like but beyond that we're clueless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->