anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

eye mom, Yes I read everything lol it took me all night last night and half of today but it made me feel like I wasn't alone. It was like a novel of diff peoples journey. I am so happy to b finishing my clomid tom. I took it days 5-9 as prescribed by my Dr, only odd thing is that I am not being monitored at all. Just was givin a 3 month supply of the 50 m of clomid to start after af came. I also took provera to start the af, Hoping all will go well with me. How are you dong?
I am impressed. I didn't think I'd ever catch up, so I didn't try. :blush: Just read back a couple of pages when I jumped in.

I took 50 mg on CD 5-9 also. I wasn't being monitored either. I asked my Dr about it, and he said it just adds hundreds of dollars to each cycle, and in my case he didn't think it was really necessary. (I ovulate on my own anyway, but I needed a boost apparently.) If you're charting, perhaps that will give you the info you need to know how it's working for you.

I also got 3 rounds. I just picked up one round at a time from the pharmacy, but I had 2 refills available to me. I had to get one refill, but then I got pg on my 2nd round. After doing 3 rounds of Clomid alone, my Dr was recommending Clomid + IUI, but I was lucky and it didn't come to it.

I'm doing great, thanks. Was 8 weeks on Monday. Still doesn't feel real. :)

Thank you again eyemom for your responses!
Welcome kisababy! Good luck on your first round.
Do you ladies have experience with opks? This is my first month using the cheapie wondfos. Lastnight the test line was the same as the control line, and today the test line was darker than the control line. I guess those are both positive. Does anyone know how long is normal to continue having a positive opk? I'm wondering if they will be accurate for me. Thanks in advance for any input ladies:)

Yes, they are both positive. Yes, it is normal. But it shouldn't go on for too long. Usually just a couple of days. Most likely if you keep testing, it'll fade. But I've heard it said to stop once you know you've gotten a positive, or you may drive yourself crazy. :)

Your story def gives me hope eyemom as I hope second time is lucky for me too im so ready to not be ttc anymore lol! Next cycle I plan to jusjust ntnp no clomid or anything, then back to the clomid in june. My sides r so itchy I didnt have this last time I hope it goes away soon

yes I bought the internet cheapies of opk's as well. Ive never used them before lol I will start testing for opk's on Friday but the dr said sometimes clomid can mess them up and to just bd on every other day.... im hoping this works lol. Ive had no side effects on the clomid, I just take them at night so maybe that is why.

RedRose <3 Hope it works for you. I understand needing a break if it comes down to NTNP for a cycle, but I'm still hoping it won't come to that. :flower:

Yeah I found that my usual "fertile signs" went completely out the window. I *did* get +OPKs, but only because I kinda started going nuts with them, doing them a few times a day. If I had stuck to my normal way of using them, I definitely would have missed my surge.

oh maybe I will just test several times a day then I thought you were only supposed to do it once in the am but then I hear it is best to do the opk tests between 2 p.m. and8 p.m. lol geez this is confusing to learn all at once

It is totally confusing. The CB fertility monitor has you use FMU (I think? I haven't actually used it.) But most other tests say evening since your body only MAKES the LH in the morning, so it'll be more likely to show up in your urine by then. I always took mine late evening, and doing that I only ever missed my surge once.

Toward the end of our ttc journey, I knew of ladies who did a morning one, but did it more mid-morning, like maybe around 10 am. I think if it's going to show up, it'd be more likely to show up by then. This isn't really compatible with my work schedule though. But if you were to do it twice a day, I think maybe mid/late morning, then evening might be your best bet.

I can't remember with absolute certainty, but I think on my first round of Clomid, I had a neg OPK one night, positive the next morning (I can't remember, maybe around 9 am), then it was already negative by evening.

Second round of Clomid, it was negative in the morning (can't remember what time), got a positive early afternoon b/c I happened to be home to test, then it was already negative by later in the evening which would have been closer to my normal testing time.

I usually get a positive to stick around for 2 nights, so that was totally weird for me. I was using a different brand of OPKs (Target generic) that last cycle too, so I don't know if that would have had anything to do with it.

Oh okay lol that makes so much more sense. Thank you. I will def do it mid afternoon and late at night and see if we can't catch that sucker lol. Im so happy there are threads out there that can help women going through all of this. My Dr just threw me in blind and was like here figure it out if not preg in 3 months we will see if we can do something else lol

my first AF after clomid was strange - started a few days early but was really light - thought it was spotting at first and took a pg test which was negative - by the third light day it was super heavy with clotting - only 2 days of this and then just stopped -- strangest AF for me - I had had a super heavy AF with lots of clotting the month before starting Clomid - it was my first regular length cycle in about 3 months - i think the heavier / more clotting is from build up from irregular cycles

that last message was in response to a post by redrose from a couple of days ago - meant to reply with quote !

haven't been on here for a couple of days and had to get caught back up! welcome to kissababy89 and best of luck with your ttc journey!

i am now feeling similar side effects as i did last cycle - as i near ovulation i can feel cramping and tenderness on my left side - the same side i ovulated from last month

I have my cd14 u/s and b/w scheduled for tomorrow so i will be able to see if any follicles are a good size and when it is likely that i will ovulate (i don't use opk's or temping since I am monitored by my doc and am on a strict regimen as it is lol)

eyemom - you must be so excited!? 8 weeks along already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->