anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Ss83

Reaction score
Hi girls
Bit of background...aged 29, healthy bmi, only right ovary polycystic but rarely ovulating from my left. No hormone problems so don't have typical pcos. Dh 31 with healthy sperm count.
Ttc for 14 months, was referred to fertility clinic after 10 as cysts were already diagnosed before ttc and bloods confirmed no ovulation for 3 months running.
Had a chemical last month which shocked me, was awful to get a bfn two days after my first ever bfp.
Booked to go to clomifene clinic on 17th May for my first apt. Very excited as hope as just one duff ovary I might have a good chance of a bfp as have no other probs we're aware of.
Anyone else waiting to start clomid? Or can tell me what to expect?
X

Hi, I had an appointment with my consultant today who prescribed me clomid so as soon as this cycle finishes I'll be starting it. My story sounds scarily similar to yours. I have irregular cycles and when scanned they found I had a large right ovary which had a number of small cysts so they thought I had one polycystic ovary. Had bloods and a hycosy which came back normal. Consultant thinks I ovulate sometimes but not every month and because of that things like my linings etc are not at the stage it needs to be when I do ovulate. Hence the clomid to speed things up and regulate my cycles etc. H and I are both 28 and being trying for around 14/15 months now.

Have a google and it will list side effects and there are a lot of differing stats out there. My consultant said it may cause mood swings and there is a higher risk I multiples. Good luck at your appointment! X

Thanks, good luck on your next cycle! Stay in touch and let me know how you get on.like you said, we're in the same boat!
My dh is getting very excited at the prospect of twins..ha ha.
How you feeling about it all? I'm generally very positive, and excited about it all. The chemical last month was the most difficult so I do worry how it will go on clomid..the 2ww wil be a killer for sure.

Sorry about your chemical that must have been so heartbreaking. I haven't had so much as a sniff of a bfp in all this time. I think twins would be lovely but any more and I think I might absolutely crap myself!!

I'm feeling really mixed tbh, sometimes I'm scared it won't work. Other times I'm excited at the prospect of it working! I always try and not get my hopes up too much in case it fails. I'm a stress-head so I need to try and do some relaxation techniques too!

I've had EWCM for the past few days but negative OPK's so I'm hoping I'll ovulate soon so we can get onto next cycle! X

That's the danger of testing early I guess, unfortunately my cycles are so irregular it's diffic ult to know when to test. Was horrible, tried not to get or hopes up but was still awful when it didn't stick.
I've not tried opks as I'd become obsessed.I didn't actually have ewcm when I got my chemical so even that isn't always a sign.so confusing and exhausting symptom spotting!

Ps twins sound lovely but I'd be crapping myself at that too, just one would be amazing enough for now!

I guess so, I never test early I wait for AF to arrive - I find it too heartbreaking to see the BFN. But still it must have been hard for you. At least you know you can get pregnant though :shrug: I hope you are ok though I guess the 2WW/a BFP will never be the same for you again.

I've used OPK's and temping on and off really depending on my mood that cycle. Last cycle I didnt use anything at all, just kept an eye out for EWCM. This cycle I have used OPK's as soon as I noticed EWCM and I have temped a couple of days just to make sure I didnt miss it as I know what my temp is pre/post ovulation so its easy to tell.

You are right in that they do make you obsess a bit more, but I guess when you have been TTC for so long its hard to not obsess with/without OPK's. Well thats me anyway as like I said I'm a stress head!

I did an OPK just now and its positive! :happydance: Thank god for that I was beginning to think it would never happen this cycle! Its CD23 so a bit later than the last couple of months. If I ovulate tomorrow then it'll be 39-day cycle. Just over two weeks until I can start clomid!!

Brilliant, goodluck for this cycle and if no bfp then bring on the clomid!

I just started my 6th and final Clomid cycle. I start taking the Clomid 150 mgs CD 5-9, so start Sat. The only side effects Ive really gotten is Hot Flashes. I take it at night to combate those. If this cycle doesnt work, Im switching to Femara/Letrozole per my Dr. Good luck! I hope it works for u! And Im sorry for your chemical! I cant imagine getting a BFP then BFN. Ive never gotten one in 22, almost 23 months!

I'll be starting my first Clomid cycle next month, my appt. was 3 days too late for me to take it this cycle. I've never wanted AF to arrive so much, but, alas, i have pretty much a whole cycle to wait before i can start it. The reason i have been prescribed is due to not ovulating x

Thanks Ss83, if no bfp then at least we get to start clomid so at least we have something to look forward to rather than never ending cycles!

Ces2008 good luck lets hope this cycle is the one and you don't need to move on to other drugs!

MrsOvey I know how you feel I just want this cycle over with so we can start clomid! Sorry you were 3 days too late that's unfortunate timing! Have you ovulated yet? Any idea when AF might be due?

I ovulated over night so just 2 weeks to go! X

According to my calculator AF is due 16th May, so will start taking it 17th May. i don't ovulate, which is why i have been given Clomid, so all this luteal phase etc etc stuff confuses me when i read it on here lol :) yay, 2 weeks is such a short space of time in the grand scheme of things, although AF seems to come round so quickly sometimes, i know it's going to feel like forever this month xx

If you don't ovulate do you still get regular AF's? I've always wondered whether if you get AF that means you definitely ovulated. I really hope clomid works for you, the stats are very good for people who don't ovulate x

Thanks hon, I hope it works too. I have my appointment booked for 3 months in case it doesn't work.

But, yes, you can have AF without ovulating, as ovulating is the releasing of an egg, which is what doesn't happen for me, as proven by blood tests, I've not had any scans yet! Xx

Welcome mrs ovey!
Yes brownie, I've had three cycles ranging from 46 to 31 days as bloods confirmed no ovulation whatsoever...so frustrating. The month got my ultrasound tho I was convinced I was ovulating as the previous cycle I had the heaviest period since coming off the pill and ewcm for the first time.so was so happy when the doc confirmed it..the following month with my chemical no ewcm but obv did ovulate.who knows, maybe my healthy ovary might kick in again this month before my apt for one last chance of a sticky bean!
We go to the clomid clinic on the 11th may, I'm guessing they'll just send me away with the tablets?? If so then that should hopefully be just a week or so before af is due.
Read a horrible article in my mag today...saw it was about fertility treatment, but it was about someone with pcos who didn't ov on clomid and after twelve years ended up adopting...not the article I needed today! I won't let it knock me through, I'm feeling so positive! X

Ok I didn't know that! That's why the doctor thinks I'm not ovulating every cycle then. I just thought (naively probably) that if AF arrived it meant I'd ovulated. That's got me thinking now! My temps have stayed low even though I got a positive opk so maybe I haven't ovulated this cycle :(

Ss83 no not really an article you want to read whist ltttc! I think if the worst was to happen we would adopt but don't want to think about that too much yet. We need to stay positive - if you don't have some hope you have nothing!! X

Not naieve at all, I assumed the same...it's like a cruel trick, periods with no ovulation...what's the point?! I'm staying well clear of opks, I obsess enough! Try not to stress to much about it.
Have you not had any bloods done to check for ovulation? I had to get every week til af showed for 3 months as my cycles were so irregular, all negative.was over the moon when they saw an empty follicle on the ultrasound and said I'd clearly ovulated...probs for the first time in 12 months!
I'm sergio staying positive. We're all different, like my friend said no point looking at the success stats as everyone is unique and stats are just an average, I'm hoping we've a good chance :) and if not maybe my healthy ovary will finally do the job itself.

Hi girls
Bit of background...aged 29, healthy bmi, only right ovary polycystic but rarely ovulating from my left. No hormone problems so don't have typical pcos. Dh 31 with healthy sperm count.
Ttc for 14 months, was referred to fertility clinic after 10 as cysts were already diagnosed before ttc and bloods confirmed no ovulation for 3 months running.
Had a chemical last month which shocked me, was awful to get a bfn two days after my first ever bfp.
Booked to go to clomifene clinic on 17th May for my first apt. Very excited as hope as just one duff ovary I might have a good chance of a bfp as have no other probs we're aware of.
X

I started clomid last year in Feb and got my BFP on the 8th cycle. My advice would be to take the tablets at night as I believe this is the reason I barely suffered a side effect. The only one I did notice was hot flashes but they werent too bad considering what some women experience.

I started on 50mg days 3-7 but my dose was cut to 25mg days 3-7 as I overstimulated. In the beginning they were monitoring the clomid using weekly urine samples and I was happy with this as it was less invasive. As well as this I used OPKs and basically arranged BD around the results of these tests. By month 7 my consultant advised I go in for scanning and bloods to monitor me that month and both the scan and blood test showed I was about to ovulate. Now this was around 4-5 days earlier than I had been ovulating the 6 months prior to this. So I went straight home and the OPK was NEGATIVE! I had no idea what was going on - obviously opks dont work for me! The next month I never used opks and I never went in for scanning as to be totally honest I was fed up with the whole thing. We just BD regularly from AF til the next AF - which never arrived. So the biggest piece of advice I could give is to stay clear of OPKS and just BD regularly.

I really hope clomid works for you all and you get those much longed for BFPs very soon! Good luck ladies xx

Hi girls
X

I started clomid last year in Feb and got my BFP on the 8th cycle. My advice would be to take the tablets at night as I believe this is the reason I barely suffered a side effect. The only one I did notice was hot flashes but they werent too bad considering what some women experience.

I started on 50mg days 3-7 but my dose was cut to 25mg days 3-7 as I overstimulated. In the beginning they were monitoring the clomid using weekly urine samples and I was happy with this as it was less invasive. As well as this I used OPKs and basically arranged BD around the results of these tests. By month 7 my consultant advised I go in for scanning and bloods to monitor me that month and both the scan and blood test showed I was about to ovulate. Now this was around 4-5 days earlier than I had been ovulating the 6 months prior to this. So I went straight home and the OPK was NEGATIVE! I had no idea what was going on - obviously opks dont work for me! The next month I never used opks and I never went in for scanning as to be totally honest I was fed up with the whole thing. We just BD regularly from AF til the next AF - which never arrived. So the biggest piece of advice I could give is to stay clear of OPKS and just BD regularly.

I really hope clomid works for you all and you get those much longed for BFPs very soon! Good luck ladies xx

Congrats on your pregnancy! Thanks for the advice. I do use opks, but we BD EOD starting day 10, which is what my dr recommends. Im on my final cycle of Clomid before whe switch to Letrozole/Femara. We have been TTC almost 23 months! Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks mojo, I had heard opks don't work well with pcos either.I'm defo staying clear of them! Congrats on your bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->