Anyone else still testing?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't, but because I'm weird I'm still testing every morning using up my one step tests. I'm guessing they look okay?? Mad woman needs to stop

Snapchat-1836317469.jpg

Btw ignore the masking tape, ran out of normal tape hahaha

I’m trying to hold out from doing it! Last pregnancy I tested pretty much daily for weeks and then miscarried at 7wks3d and my tests always showed really dark progression so weren’t a good indicator for me about how everything was going.

Saying that I’ve got two FRERs and two CB digis that I plan to use up, a couple of days apart and will then definitely stop! lol

I still do the odd test here and there and I'm 10 weeks and 2 days Haha.
I think when u have had misscariges it just gives u a bit of reassurance to see those lines still come up nice and dark.
I have to add water to my pee now because I've been getting the hook effect since around 6 weeks pregnant.
The hook effect happens when ure HCG is so high that a HPT will start giving u a fainter result.
Anyway what u do is do 1/4 urine in a cup and add 3/4 plain old water and re test. The test result comes out really dark again. Darker than the control line on some brands.
I'm gonna do the odd test until after I've had my 13 week dating scan.
I know I've already had 2 scans and baby is fine but I still like to do the odd test and it's not hurting no one.
I say if u still want to test then test.

I'm doing the same, keep telling myself to stop.... those cheap pregnancy tests are a curse, you get so many of them that you end up doing loads of early tests before you conceive (9dpo, 10dpo, 11dpo.....), then once you conceive you say "Oh i might as well use some of these up..." and that becomes an obsession! I've considered chucking mine in the bin. When i had my daughter 6 years ago i did one First Response test the day after my missed period, that was it, same when i had my son 3 years ago!

Hahaha were all mad! With my last 2 babies I only ever used a digi and that was it!

I only did 2 tests with my DD. Because u get a in a box I did one and it came out blazing then wanted to make sure it wasnt faulty so did the other. And that was it no more tests.
I've done that tests this pregnancy I've actually lost count hahahahaha

I'm two days late and have been getting positives since 9 DPO and still have three tests left! after a chemical last month I want to see that progression!

I probably shouldn't, but because I'm weird I'm still testing every morning using up my one step tests. I'm guessing they look okay?? Mad woman needs to stop

View attachment 1057937

Yeah I still test. I am 6.5 weeks. I test because some times I don't have any symptoms.

ng6Tm7.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->