Anyone else struggle when friends are pregnant?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
My best friend is pregnant....either 26 weeks or 28, she is not 100% sure. When she had her first scan they put her at 6 weeks but she was sure she was 8 weeks, then at 25 weeks they said she was measuring 27.

Anyway....if she is 28 weeks, that's a week later than I had Sophie, and she is now into unknown territory for me, and I'm not finding it easy. I feel so mean feeling like this, and I am really happy and excited for her, but inside I am struggling. I found it not too bad up until she started getting a bump, and now that she is getting bigger so fast, I'm finding it really hard.

Also, today, she had her first Braxton Hicks and I don't even know what they feel like! I would love to know just what one contraction feels like, but I won't ever know that because if we have another baby, it will be a planned section.

I feel awful about feeling like this because she is so lovely and they have been trying for a baby for so long...it doesn't mean I'm not happy and excited for them, but I'm just finding it really hard seeing someone so close to me at this stage of pregnancy. I think also knowing that Sophie was a week old at this point, knowing what her baby will roughly look like is weird as well.

Does anyone else get like this?

xxx

Yes I struggle with it. Although I am happy for them it is hard knowing we never got to that stage and even if we do have another it will be 9 months of stress (well hopefully 9 months!) and not the exciting time it is for others.

TBH although I had the braxton hicks and the labour now it doesn't feel like it really happened and a bit dream like. I suppose everything that happened afterwards has made me blank it out.

One of my friends has never experienced labour either as both her kids were breech so even going full term is not a guarantee.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->