Anyone else struggling to give stuff up? If yes....what?

cath

Reaction score
I dont smoke or drink so ok with those but am really struggling without Neurofen & Co-codamol! I know that makes me sound like a painkiller junkie but I have really bad sinusitis. I've had 2 lots of surgery on them in the past & they're still not right, but the consultant said there was nothing more that could be done. When they flare up badly, its like having a migraine, I can hardly move my head coz it hurts so much & paracetamol just isnt doing anything. In a way, I look forward to AF coz it means I can have some proper pain relief! I've got a number for an acupuncturist so I'm gonna ring him on Monday & see if he can do something to help me. What are the rest of you missing?

hi

im going to give up smoking once i fall pregnant which is very hard on me i smoked all way through my last child.

so i know it will be hard but its got to be done

good luck

im also struggling to give up Co-codamol, have to take them at least everyday, broke my ankle last june had surgey, and now my other ankle is really sore cuz i put all my weight onto i, cuz the doctor said in my mind im still to scared to let my broken ankle take all the weight, so now i cant wak very far with out needing to stop, and sometime sitting down feels better than sex as im in that much pain lol lol, ohhh also coffee, need my coffee, gonna try de caf tho. xx

I'm finding it a little tricky giving up tea and coffee, although it's not too bad really. It's a little more interesting finding other things to drink, I suppose! I would only have one tea and one coffee a day normally, but I like it strong so maybe that counts as more than someone who would have more cups of weaker stuff! I'm not even having decaf as Zita West says that the chemicals used in the decaffeinating process are just as bad as caffeine!!! Dammit! I read it in 'Fertility and Conception', one of her books.

I have my mum's birthday party tonight, and am struggling to come up with a good lie about not drinking alcohol!!! Not that I have it often anyway, but they don't know we're TTC and I am not telling them as they put me under enough pressure to have children as it is!!! Aargh!!!

Any ideas for a good lie???

xoxox

I'm not even having decaf as Zita West says that the chemicals used in the decaffeinating process are just as bad as caffeine!!! Dammit! I read it in 'Fertility and Conception', one of her books.

It's true that alot of decaf coffee is decaffeinated with chemicals, but if you look through the different packages at a grocery store, you can read which ones are safe. Any coffee or tea that states on the package that it was decaffeinated using the Swiss water process or carbon dioxide gas are safe. Most organic decaf coffees use these methods.

Places like Starbucks probably don't use safe methods, but you could ask I guess.

Mine is a little more abstract :( I have struggled with my weight and eating all my life. Now, I am trying to give up my bad eating habits and be 100% healthy in anticipation. I am worried that when I actually conceive I will lose a lot of weight in the first trimester and so I am trying to lose a little now. It's not than I am dieting, it's just that I am giving up junk food.

Wine and sushi!! My DH and I eat sushi at least once a week, and I guess the raw fish is a no-no once the bun is in the oven...I will miss it!! And of course, the nightly glass of wine will have to go. At least if I want a beer there is some pretty good non-beer out there that will satisfy the taste, but the fake wine is disgusting!

I'm finding it really hard to cut back on cups of tea, I love it so much! Also I'm trying to eat more healthily but don't always manage.

tea and coffee! I've gradually cut down to one cup of tea a day and it's really hard. Caffeine withdrawal is an awful thing, though the headaches have almost stopped now. I didn't realise until we started ttc just how much I rely on caffeine to get me through the day.

I'm missing the booze and fags. It's so hard. Especially when you don't know if you are going to be pregnant on any month so it just feels like every month you don't do it, it's wasted! I have to say, I haven't been that good, but I have stopped smoking on work days. I just struggle badly with weekends! It was my friend's birthday this weekend as well and I felt bad for not going but I didn't want to get absolutely wasted and I know if I go out, I just won't be able to say no!

Advil and alcohol. I get chronic shoulder/neck pain and headaches and Tylenol just doesn't cut it. Also, while I don't drink a lot, I do like to have the occasional beer or whiskey. I'm going to miss that.

Deffo the fags. :blush:
I dont drink at all (bad experiences when younger) and dont drink coffee or tea (I have like one cup of tea a week at my mums house lol)
I eat quite well and am not overweight, but the fags are really doing it for me.
Im a 30 a day gal normally, and have cut it in half to 15 and am hoping to cut in half again to 7 and then to 3 and then 2 and then NONE!!!
OH smokes too, but hes doing better then me, hes at 5 already, plus hes lost 2 stone and almost given up the booze, I feel ashamed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->