Anyone else team yellow? Getting impatient??

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Ok so I turned 34 weeks yesterday and we are team yellow as the title says. My husband wants the delivery surprise for us both and truthfully I do want the surprise too but I am definitely running out of gas waiting... I'm so sick of not knowing and everyone around me making me feel stupid for waiting. I have one more ultrasound coming up and I feel like I might cave and ask before the tech can bring my husband in... I do not want to lie to him or hurt his feelings...

Can someone please give me an extra boot in the arse to just wait it out for another 6 ish weeks? I am so close now and would hate for all of the waiting up to this point to have been for nothing but Im dying to know!!

I feel so conflicted...

Team yellow here, and I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow
I have monthly growth scans and I'm always tempted to ask .

You've done so well waiting this long, try not to cave in. It will be a nice surprise for you and your dh. Hang in there:flower:

You've gone 34 weeks without knowing you can easily do another 6 ;)

I wish I had the patience to stay team yellow I would of loved that at the birth! It's just such a magical experience on top of the whole birthing process!

You've done amazing to stay team yellow, keep going you can do it :)

Team yellow here too! Don't cave! I can't wait for that magical moment when my husband tells me what we've got, really excited for that! I've had 2 extra scans since 20 weeks and got another on Monday if I haven't had baby by then, and it really is tempting to ask. But you can wait it out a bit longer! Just focus on that magic moment at the end and telling people your news :)
xx

Team yellow here as well! You've gone this far without knowing, why not wait out your last 6 weeks? In the grand scheme of things, it's such a very small amount of time. You're going to go a lifetime knowing this little one's sex and all about him or her, so why not savour the mystery and suspense for just a little bit longer? :D

I swear each day I flip-flop!! So I keep reminding myself that we both want that magical moment in the delivery room... I can't even really wrap my head around it right now! I definitely think it will be worth the wait!

I stayed team yellow with ds and it made me push harder - lol.

Xx

Team yellow here, dh didn't want to know sex as it's our last. Most days I'm ok, but sometimes I really want to know! We found out with our other 3 so it's been a challenge not knowing lol. I'm sure it will be amazing in the end, only 10 weeks to go for me :)

I was team yellow with both of my children ( and will be this third pregnancy too) and you have GOT to stick it out a few more weeks. It's a great moment, I promise you! I think you would regret if you've come all this way and caved now. Only another few weeks, you can do it!

What good would finding out now do anyway?
We weren't going to find out but then at the 20 week scan I caved and asked and my partner was going to go out of the room but she told us before he left! I'm glad I know, but also a bit disappointed that I couldn't wait to find out. The thought of the surprise really appeals to me!
Just imagine how you'll feel when he tells you "it's a girl" or "its a boy!". You'll feel much happier than if you were to find out now :)

Not much longer!! You can do it! I'm getting impatient too but I want the surprise. I've had at least 10 ultrasounds and I really want to ask each time but I've held it together lol

Here's to both of us lasting a few more short weeks!

I had a doc appointment today and he booked me for an ultrasound this Thursday! This will be my last one provided baby is still head down and everything continues to look normal!

I don't feel as tempted anymore to know now! Thank you ladies for the push! I seriously needed to hear that it is worth the wait!!

Mwwwa!

I stayed team yellow until 34 weeks and caved at a growth scan! I regret it in some ways but it's been nice to be prepared also. Don't do it- not long to go now!

I've been team yellow both times, stay with it it's magical at the end when you find out-biggest surprise you'll ever get in life xx

Been yellow with both my babies and you'd be surprised how many people tell you it's nice not to know. It certainly adds to the excitement around the announcement. It's fun for everyone to guess and both times we've found the midwife's with us like to guess and see if they are right, and it adds an additional sense of excitement to the way you're in labour. Also on the flipside, knowing doesnt make any difference to the outcome so you might as well wait :D

Team yellow with this one. I found out last time and was disappointed I did. There was no 'it's a girl' moment.

This time around although we've not found out we've done a guess the date, gender, weight, hair and eye colour and sealed it up to open after we have the baby. I also haven't been able to resist giving into all the theories. I'm so sure I'm having another princess that if it turns out to be a boy I'll be very shocked.

I hope you can hold out x

Just an update: I did not cave and I am so happy I could hold it together!! My doctor is thoroughly surprised that we don't know the gender!! Apparently all of his prenatal patients this year so far have been finding out the gender at their scans. He told me today at my appointment that he is really excited to attend this birth because it had been so long for him to witness a gender reveal at delivery. I was super taken back by his comment. I mean I know lots of people find out the gender (heck we did with our son) but for all of his patients this year? I was blown away!!

Anyways team yellow continues until project eviction!!

Woohoo! Good for you! :)
You will not regret it I promise, only a little bit longer

Yay! That surprises me too. My last pregnancy half my antenatal group didn't find out the gender. Although this time the few people I know personally who are pregnant have found out except us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->