anyone else the last one to have a baby

laura109

Reaction score
Im the last one out of family and friends. I think most people around me think... been there, done that got the t shirt around me lol. My sister looks at me like im mad when i coo and get excited
She loves nothing more than reminding me how horrible and whingy kids are. She says you will soon be tired all the time.

My best friend doesn't even show a glow of excitement either. She loves saying how men soon get bored of feeding and helping.

My mum just says i know ive done it four times everytime i mention movements or how im feeling.

My sister realised the other day im the only baby sitting option they have and i wont be free. Ive looked after there kids once since ive been pregnant cus her partner wont let people look after them. But apparently hes suggested they go out abit more now the youngest is 3!! My sis said about me going to babysit one night before i drop.... oh yeah heavily pregnant and feeling rubbish!! I am not sitting up till 1am at theres why they go out now!

To top it off none of them ever come to me but are constantly offering me to walk to see them as i dont drive. My sister is pestering me to go round and see her new puppy and i honestly can not be bothered with my back ache and feeling rubbish.

Think most people are just annoyed there babysitter/ the one who does all the chasing is unavailable.

i want people to chase after me for once lol xx

How annoying they're all being!
You know it and we know it... kids are an amazing blessing. Enjoy it.
A positive attitude even on the crappy days make all the difference.

Enjoy YOUR pregnancy and don't allow anyone to take away your glow! That would be so depressing to have all that around! While it may all be an old experience to them- they need to remember that this IS your first, and all these things are new to you and it's a time of joy. Don't let anyone burst your bubble and definitely stop the babysitting. They can't keep relying on you especially when they don't even care about your feelings or health.

Aww that would irritate me as well, they are being rather unappreciative. However,t hey may not even reliase they are doing it. Just take the necessary time to yourself and ENJOY your pregnancy. It goes by fast and those little kicks in your tummy make for excellent memories. :flower:

Aww I'm sorry love. They sounds very hard to deal with
I'm excited for you!! Coo away :)

How frustrating! Lots of people manage to have kids and still be excited for their friends and family. Can you find some local first time mom friends, maybe? Through a birth class or a mommy and baby group? It's always good to have someone to share the excitement.

Are you serious! That's terrible, this is an exciting time for you, no matter if you're the last to have a baby I think it's crazy for no one to show enthusiasm or support. That just seems insane, shame on them. Of course we don't know your family, but from your post it seems they are selfish as they are just focusing on how your pregnancy/ baby is affecting them ( such as losing their babysitter and such). My personality is upfront, if it were me, I'd let them know how rude they are being!! Very bluntly so they get it!
Anyhow, sorry for what's going on, the first baby is so exciting, enjoy every second!! If you want, give me their phone numbers and I'll tell them what's up!

Aw sorry your family and friends are being that way :( it's so exciting and especially as it's your first!

I feel the same way now I'm having number 2 like it's not special. But I assure you as soon as your little one arrives everyone will be all over you and baby like a rash.

Congratulations and coo as much as you want it's so exciting!!! X

Thank you. They drive me mad. My sister is so negative and thinks girls are pathetic cooing over babies. Im having a girl and yesterday my midwife said i sounded like i had a boys heartbeat. My sister spent the rest of the night sending me articles full of old wives tales that backed up the midwife and saying she will find it funny when her nephew has to dress as a girl etc.

I hope my baby makes me far too busy to care about these silly people lol. Sorry for ranting. I let alot out on this board.

luckily two of oh family have new babies aged 4 months and 2 months. Plus oh has a couple of friends that we meet up with that have a son and so i do know other people. They live half hour to an hour away but im sure we will catch up x

Both of my girls had " boys heartrates" you certainly can't go by that! Ha. Your little girl will be adorable in her outfits :) don't listen to your sister.
Uh I wish they could share in this experience and excitement more. They are lucky you are nicer than I am bc I would tell them where to shove their attitudes.....

Stupid wive's tale. All mine have slow heart rates. So far I've got three boys and three girls.

Hers has been up to 158 until the last two appointments. I try not to be too in anyones face about babies and i like talking about everything its just she is the biggest thing ive ever had to prepare for and having a family of my own is all i have ever wanted. My sister is naturally unsociable and does not mix with anyone accept her partner. Hes the same. He does farming and she runs around after him working for free and he rules her. She is not the type to say im going out thursday. She has to go home as soon as he texts and she cant make plans till shes 100% sure she can. I think without realising shes very insecure and if she can make others feel alone or take the pee to make herself feel better she will do it. I try and ignore her when shes on a mission to wind me up because i am realising i dont have to see things her way.

as for the babysitting. They wont let their kids sleep anywhere else so they will have to stay in. They wont be able to help me so itl be the same for us lol.

thanks for reading this post. Xx

Aw sorry that's what happening. Don't let their energy get you down! Maybe take the time to record memories of your pregnancy by doing video logs or doing other things for the time when ur baby girl will ask about it. Or as other ppl has said, find other first time moms to share this excitement with!

:)
Well, I'm excited for you to become a mommy! It's the best thing in the whole world, and you're right, a baby is the biggest thing to happen to you, so you should be able to think about it and talk about it with excitement :)
Yeay, it's soon for you, I'm still in second tri, so I hope you update this thread!

your family sounds a tad selfish. maybe next time they brush you off with "i've done it 4 times" remind them that this is NOT about them but about YOU and that it is YOUR first time and that you got all the right to get excited. i wonder how they'll feel when they hear that.

for your sister, next time she pesters you about her new puppy, tell her you are as excited about it as she's been about your new baby and your pregnancy. and remind her how little puppies shit all over the place and how yucky it is to clean dog poo from the carpet until they potty train and how men don't even bother with picking it up and how disgusting it must be having her kids play on it.

and if she heats up, remind her that that is how she makes you feel whenever she comments about your pregnancy and plays it down and that it is not fair.

i don't wanna say be nasty and aggressive... just remind people that showing some empathy would be nice and how it is to be in your shoes with them around!

i totally agree with what your saying so thank you. I agree why should I be excited and say how cute her puppy is. I appreciate the support its reassuring to know people understand and agree. I fee blessed to have the chance to have a healthy beautiful baby. Its sad on other parts of this board when you see ladies really struggling to fall pregnant. ill never take it for granted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->