Anyone else trying to lose weight in hope that it will help them conceive?

Cookie1979

Reaction score
Hey Ladies

I've struggled with my weight through my entire adult life, I have pcos although its not the reason I'm overweight, I'm realistic, I eat too much junk food.

Anyway I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to do a shake diet, I've opted for Slim and Save, which is very similar to Cambridge and Lighter Life but cheaper. I'm hoping some swift weightloss will do the trick and get my periods abit more regular!!

I hope it works...to be honest it worked before (or was just a coincidence) not long after starting the Cambridge Weight Plan I conceived my son who is now just over 2 and a half. Anyway I'm desperate, and Im not getting anywhere with 'normal' diets.

Anyone else trying to lose weight? Its so blimin hard, fed up of spending my life struggling! :s

Wish me luck!!!! xxx

Just wanted to say good luck to you and hope you conceive your 2nd soon! my first was conceived just like yours. I lost about 20- 25lbs, and then conceived my son after trying for 15months. I think it helped.

:hugs:

Thank you!! Definitely think it helps, especially if there are gynacological (prob spelt wrong) issues. If I can at least lose 14 lbs then I think that will help me, I only want to lose about 21 in total, that will take me back to my pre pregnancy weight. x

And congratulations!! I see you have a nice big bump there! :)

Thank you! I don't know much about having pcos but i did have some gyno issues too. Tons of fibroids here :wave: :haha: i think maybe taking away some of my fat helped the :spermy: get to the eggy better.

Baby 2 surprisngly came much easier... i got close to my pre preg. weight due to bf'ing..baby sucked all the baby fat out of me :)

How long have you been trying for 2?

I lost 3 1/2 stone before conceiving. I don't know if it helped, but it can't have hurt. And I know now that I'm giving my little one inside me the best start in life by me being healthy.

I'm trying to lose weight, too. I lost about 2st on the Cambridge diet last year, but being at uni and working crazy shifts on placement has left me gaining about a stone back again :(

We've been TTC for 4 months now. I'm 9dpo, but trying not to get my hopes up. I sure losing some weight would help me, but I find it so hard :( I just love food too much!

Well done on the weight loss m.knight and on getting your bfp! I lost 4 stone before I conceived my son, lost it again after I had him but have since gained about 1.5 stone.

Armywife - this is only my second cycle trying but really want to conceive by the end of the year otherwise I'm heading for a 4 year gap between my son and a new baby.

Pinkdragonfly - really hard to diet when you are busy, I think that's why I find it easier to do a diet like Cambridge, means you don't have to plan every bit of food you put into your mouth. I love food too much!!! Lol

Xx

Me too!! I just started this week actually! I've not heard of those diets, but I'm from stateside, maybe that's why?

I'm doing something I've had good results with before, from an author, Tim Ferris, who wrote a book called The 4 Hour Body, about how you only need 4 hours or less of exercise a week if you eat a certain way. Basically I eat no white carbs (bread, rice, pasta, potato) no fruit, no dairy, no processed foods, no soda. Kind of similar to the GI diet which I heard was good for PCOS.

Are you going to track yours here?! :) What does your plan consist of?

This is my first cycle ttc and i have just hit 14lbs weight loss so i am hoping it helps me i have a fair bit i want off i cant see any difference in my body but i will keep trying because iwant a baby more than i wan to stuff myself with junk basically, good luck with your weight loss :)

i was trying to lose weight but recently have well and truly fallen off the band wagon :cry: have had alot of peronal issues to deal with which I know havent helped/ I lost around 10lbs when ttc DD#1 and am sure it helped but cant seem to find my mojo again this time round :cry:

jessthemess - I've followed a very similar diet to that in the past and it did work, infact that was how I lost most of my weight before I had my son, I lost the rest with cambridge which is a shake diet, you probably have similar diets in the states. This one I'm starting on monday is a meal replacement diet...I'm just finding I can't stick to anything, so I'm taking real food out of the equation for a while. My hubby isn't impressed due to the fact that I yo yo diet so much, but if I can get 14 lbs off quickly then it will give me a better shot at conceiving.

Nataliieexo - Well done on your weightloss, and yes it can only do you good.

Shortie - I know how you feel, I fell off the wagon a little while back and haven't managed to get back on it for more than a few days at a time. Its quite depressing actually!!! I do annoy myself, I think people must think oh god not again when I start a new diet...but then I think well if I didn't keep trying then I'd probably be huge now, infact I know I would be. So yes while I might stop and start diets, it does mean that I keep my weight down...I'm not slim but Im not really big either. I think people should give me a pat on the back for managing to get back on that wagon everytime I fall off it...and I fall off alot!!! lol

I am. My son was stillborn at 39 weeks a little over 3 weeks ago.. Gosh, it seems so much longer than that.. but that's beside the point. Anyway, prior to becoming pregnant with him, I didn't have regular cycles after stopping Seasonique birth control pills in January of 2012. In August, my doctor told me that I may have PCOS and may never have kids, to try to lose some weight because that helps.. so I lost did a low carb style of eating (it was not supposed to be a diet), lost 20 pounds, and we found out I was pregnant in mid-October. I stopped eating the low carb diet because I was afraid that little guy would be missing something if I kept it up. I gained 36 pounds during my pregnancy, and I've lost all but 10. I have a personal goal of a grand total of 38 more (including that last 10 to get back to pre-pregnancy weight). I'm hoping that it will help jump start my cycles and whatnot so we can get pregnant again.. but since I'm still bleeding from my C-section, I guess I have some time to work on all that. It's so scary because I feel like I'm never going to have a baby that actually gets to come home with us, even though he was my first pregnancy. Sometimes if I'm really struggling with whether to eat something I shouldn't, I will ask myself if it is going to taste better than being a mama again will feel (I say again because I AM a mama, even if our little guy didn't get to come home with us..). Usually, that's enough to talk myself out of whatever it is.

Oh I am so so sorry, reading your post really nearly brought me to tears, I cannot imagine what you went through and still are going through now. Absolutely heartbreaking. I wish I had the words to express how truly sorry I am.

When you think about the important things, the reasons for losing weight like conceiving then it does give you a kick up the bum. I know that losing weight was the only reason I conceived before so I need to lose to do it again.

The weightloss I'm sure will do the trick with your cycles, it always helps mine. PCOS really does like to make things difficult...did I mention in my first post that I have PCOS? I can't remember, I go on about it enough so I'm sure I did.

Again I'm terribly sorry for your loss. xxxx

Thank you. I wasn't aiming for any tears. It was a freak thing that happened, and I keep telling myself that surely since God gave us this situation and took our little guy from us, then He will give us another one that we can keep hopefully.

I don't know when to expect to have cycles again. I don't know where to begin with any of this so I'm just working on the part that I can control somewhat and trying to lose some of this weight.

Weightloss is the very best thing you can do when you have PCOS, there are also vitamins that can help, I've just started on Inositol and folic acid, and am planning to either buy a good multi vitamin or buy some vits seperately, namely Vit c, d, e, zinc and evening primrose oil...although as this rate I'll spend my whole day popping pills. :)

I dont know anything about god, but I do know sometimes horrible things happen to good people, there is no reason for it, its not about it not being meant to be...it just something that is out of your control, its out of everyones control. You will have a baby that you can keep, you have to believe that.

xxxx

Thank you, i have a problem with weighing myself every morning to make sure my weight is going down, i fell off the wagon 2 weeks ago and gained 3lbs but managed to get it back off, i have a bbq to attend on the weekend, maybe a few drinks i am dreading gaining, i dont really eat alot at bbqs anyways so maybe i could eat light all day. I use my fitness pal app to record what i eat and if i can fit in a chocolate bar i will have it this is usually fridays though. Some days are just harder than others to control the cravings, i think i have done well this week i got AF on Monday and i haven't even had my normal chocolate craving or just decided to have some because i usually do on the first day. Since this is my first month off BCP i am going to make sure i get to the gym at least 4-5 times next week as i heard exercise can help regulate your cycles aswell and my aunty who i usually go to the gym with has been away for a month and i have been pretty lazy with going to the gym and i hate going on my own, no excuse i should have went but i have still done ok without it aswell.

firsttimemama, I am so sorry for your loss. I've had two stillbirths, so if you need someone to talk to just message me :hugs:

Can I join you girls? I am losing weight to aid my TTC journey as I feel it will give me the best chance of getting a baby here (I've had nineteen pregnancies, three babies with me, one stillbirth at 36+6, one at 24+3 and fourteen first trimester loses). I have lost 45 lb's since mid Feb and probably have another 20lb or so to go. I will be going on steroids when pregnant so have to be extra careful as they make you hungry and then you put on weight.

I just calorie control but I am also training for a half marathon in October, so hopefully this will help that last bit of weight shift.

How are you all today?

Nataliieexo - sounds like you are doing well, everyone has blips but on the whole sounds like you are sticking with it. I hate the gym, I hate exercise to be fair...I was a member of the gym but never went and it was a waste of money so I quit. I bought a kettle bell about 3 months ago and I haven't used it once. I'm so lazy.

Tasha - I'm so sorry for all your losses, you must be one very strong lady. Great amount of weight to lose, sounds like we have a similar amount to lose. xx

I'm doing ok today but my IBS is playing up so yet another reason to start eating well. My products from Slim and Save should arrive any day now and I plan to start in on Monday. My hubby isn't supportive in the slightest, he asked why I'm bothering because I can't diet...I was like what do you mean I can't diet? He said I can't stick to one!!! I think he forgets that I lost 4 STONE (56 lbs) after I had my son, yes I've put on 1 and a half stone (21 lbs) but I'm still alot smaller than I was. I swear he doesn't really see the effort I put in and the achievements I've made!! What annoyed me is that I lost 4 stone after I had my son, I think thats alot of weight and a little while after he said 'Oh my Mum said my sister has lost 3 stone (42 lbs) isn't that good?' I was like WHAT???!?!?!! So 3 stone is good for your sister to lose but the 4 stone I lost doesn't deserve a mention, he then had the cheek to turn round and say 'You didn't lose 4 stone did you?' my god he is lucky to still be standing!!!

Sorry not sure where that all came from!!! lol Pent up frustration!

I hate exercise aswell, it amazes me i have stuck to the gym for so long lol i bought a wii fit when they first came out the most i use it for is to weigh myself haha

Ahh thats a bit rude of your hubby that would annoy && upset me, you have every right to feel that way, haha i would be the same i would have probably smacked him by now lol i dont do that (just incase you thought haha) i'm so touchy about my weight. Mind my fiance is terrible he always says hes so proud of me for losing weight and going to the gym and having goals set for weight loss, then the weekend rolls around and he trys to fill me with junk food, oh it wont hurt, you deserve a treat, it does my head in a treat is ok but not treat after treat, he doesnt think i need to lose weight at all i'm sure he's blind lol for what i weigh i feel massive people say i'm not but i feel it and when i look in the mirror i just see fat, i'm not sure how if i'm not really massive why i see myself this way lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->