Anyone else trying to lose weight in hope that it will help them conceive?

Its about how you feel in your skin, everyone is different some bigger women feel perfectly fine with their weight, others don't. I'm probably about 14 lbs above where I feel comfortable, so I'll be glad when Im getting back to that weight.

I understand my husbands attitude to a degree, I am a yo yo dieter, I start and stop diets all the time, I'll be like yes this is it, this one I will stick to...but I dont stick to any of them long term. Maybe I never will. But I dont think there is any excuse for him ignoring the fact that I actually did lose 4 stone, an acknowledgement and some praise would have been nice!!! I've pointed out to him that perhaps his lack of support has something to do with me failing these diets so much...how am I supposed to stay on the wagon when the one person who should give me praise and should notice, is the one person who doesn't!!!! I get that when you see someone all the time that you don't notice the change in weight so much but I didn't lose a few lbs I lost 56 lbs!!! Its quite alot!

I am aiming for another 2 and a half stone but i think at 1 stone and a half i will probably feel more comfortable.

Maybe your right about the encouragement thing, like you i have been known to be on and off diets but this one i have my fiance and he is supportive and praises me and i have stuck to it for 12 weeks my longest diet is maybe a month before i give up, so yeah maybe if he did take more notice and praise you once and a while then you might find it within yourself to carry on dieting, i have had a few people say I've lost weight, i cant see it and i'm not sure if they say it to humor me or encourage me or they really see it but it does help because i like the compliments lol he defiantly should have acknowledged the fact you had lost 4 stone that is alot you should be very proud of yourself for that i don't think i could lose that even if i needed its a very good achievement, well done.

Thank you. I watch my carb intake and calorie intake both. I use an app on my phone to help track it. I drink lots of water, often with lemon, and I'm trying to drink 2 cups of green tea a day as I've heard it's good for fertility and metabolism both. I drink black coffee in the morning and otherwise water or unsweetened iced tea most of the time. I rarely drink soda. On occasion, I'll drink milk, but that was more when I was pregnant and wanted to make sure little guy had plenty of calcium and all the things he needed.

I weigh myself every morning as soon as my feet hit the floor if I'm at home, too. It helps me stay on track. Sometimes, I am bad and weigh myself more than once, which I know is silly because once I start drinking and whatnot, it isn't accurate.

Thank you. I watch my carb intake and calorie intake both. I use an app on my phone to help track it. I drink lots of water, often with lemon, and I'm trying to drink 2 cups of green tea a day as I've heard it's good for fertility and metabolism both. I drink black coffee in the morning and otherwise water or unsweetened iced tea most of the time. I rarely drink soda. On occasion, I'll drink milk, but that was more when I was pregnant and wanted to make sure little guy had plenty of calcium and all the things he needed.

I weigh myself every morning as soon as my feet hit the floor if I'm at home, too. It helps me stay on track. Sometimes, I am bad and weigh myself more than once, which I know is silly because once I start drinking and whatnot, it isn't accurate.

I weigh myself every morning as soon as i have pee'd i am on the scales, it does help you stay on track and you can put your mind at ease that you are going in the right direction.

Thank you cookie. It is a good amount to lose I went from a UK size 16/18 (US 14/16) to a size 12 (US 10), so not too bad.

That is rude of your partner, you need encouragement and support, at least you can get it here. I think cos he sees you every day it is harder to see the weight loss. Are you going to take before pictures? I did, in fact I can put a before and now (well three weeks ago pic) if you would like.

Natalie, you sound so much like me. I hate exercise too, use to love it though. I joined the gym in May. Oh and I did the wii thing too :haha: It isn't about how others see us is it? It is about how we see ourselves, how we feel.

I also agree that it would certainly help if your hubby was more supportive. I am very fortunate that mine is supportive for the most part. He doesn't feel like I need to lose weight, and he loves me like I am. He tells me that all the time, but he is supportive all the same. I think if I were doing it just to look different he may be less supportive, but he understands why I'm doing it.. we both just want to be parents, and if not eating ice cream that I love and chocolate that I love and bread and potatoes and pasta that I could care less about will help us get there, then by all means, I can live on cheese, eggs, lunchmeat and water if that is what I had to do! Haha. Seriously though, I'm sorry that your hubby isn't more supportive, even if you are a yo-yo dieter. Dieting is hard!! That's why I'm trying to just make a lifestyle change. I really want my hubby to watch what he eats, too, so I try to cook healthy things and keep healthy snacks available in the house such as fresh fruit and veggies which he loves.. a little step at a time!

Thank you cookie. It is a good amount to lose I went from a UK size 16/18 (US 14/16) to a size 12 (US 10), so not too bad.

That is rude of your partner, you need encouragement and support, at least you can get it here. I think cos he sees you every day it is harder to see the weight loss. Are you going to take before pictures? I did, in fact I can put a before and now (well three weeks ago pic) if you would like.

Natalie, you sound so much like me. I hate exercise too, use to love it though. I joined the gym in May. Oh and I did the wii thing too :haha: It isn't about how others see us is it? It is about how we see ourselves, how we feel.

I have never liked excercise but when i go to the gym i feel so much better about myself before i go i really dont want to go though haha I love the wii fit for weighing myself i like to see it go down on the graph lol simple things, and yes thats exactly it i would love to see myself from someone elses eyes and see what they see because it probably different from what i see.

I also agree that it would certainly help if your hubby was more supportive. I am very fortunate that mine is supportive for the most part. He doesn't feel like I need to lose weight, and he loves me like I am. He tells me that all the time, but he is supportive all the same. I think if I were doing it just to look different he may be less supportive, but he understands why I'm doing it.. we both just want to be parents, and if not eating ice cream that I love and chocolate that I love and bread and potatoes and pasta that I could care less about will help us get there, then by all means, I can live on cheese, eggs, lunchmeat and water if that is what I had to do! Haha. Seriously though, I'm sorry that your hubby isn't more supportive, even if you are a yo-yo dieter. Dieting is hard!! That's why I'm trying to just make a lifestyle change. I really want my hubby to watch what he eats, too, so I try to cook healthy things and keep healthy snacks available in the house such as fresh fruit and veggies which he loves.. a little step at a time!

My husband is the same as yours, doesn't see a need for me to lose weight but supportive none the less. It helps doesn't it. My husband is healthier now too :thumbup:

I have never liked excercise but when i go to the gym i feel so much better about myself before i go i really dont want to go though haha I love the wii fit for weighing myself i like to see it go down on the graph lol simple things, and yes thats exactly it i would love to see myself from someone elses eyes and see what they see because it probably different from what i see.

Yes I am the same, the effort to make myself go is worth it cos I feel great after but I do really need to make myself go. Nightmare eh? :haha: It is actually why I signed myself up to the half marathon, I will run for Tommy's or SANDS so in memory of my girls but it means I have to go.

The "Lose It" app is the app that I use on my phone for tracking nutrients, calories, weight, exercise, etc. It also has a graph. I like that about it, too. I also hate to exercise. My exercise of choice is walking, although I haven't started doing that yet because the doctor hasn't told me I can since I had my C-section. I have a follow up appointment next week so hopefully she will let me then. I don't want to do anything that I'm not supposed to in fear of hurting something and hurting my chances to have another baby. I'm terrified of not being able to get pregnant again. I think that is definitely helping in the motivation department for me.

Here is my before and after (they aren't great pics as I never took official before and after pics)

Before:
https://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/Cookie1979_2010/79529c2d-fb3b-4f22-ba65-1656d8bc08ac.jpg

After:
https://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/Cookie1979_2010/AFTER.jpg
I don't usually wear a red wig or infact dress like that, it was fancy dress! Honest! lol

After no 2:
https://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/Cookie1979_2010/AFTER2.jpg

Can you see a difference? The fact my husband didn't see a difference actually makes me want to punch him in the face!!!! lol

Your face and arms got so tiny!! Haha, your husband...! Being a brat I think!

Yes I can see a HUGE difference, all over. And your face is a complete give away too. Men eh?

Thank you ladies....think I will show him the pictures and ask him if he sees a difference. I do wonder about him sometimes. Im 21 lbs heavier now than in those last 2 pics, but between how I look now and how I used to look there is still quite a difference.

So 1 stone is 14 pounds, right? So then I'm aiming for right around 3 stone.

I so agree with weighing yourself every day! I had some body issues when I was younger that went a bit extreme, so I wasn't allowed to weigh myself every day and then when I moved out of my parents home when I was 19 I quit running and eating healthy and was in a really bad relationship for years. I was just really unhappy and not even trying to be healthy and I gained so much. But I think getting a scale and seeing the truth of it was really helpful motivation.

Before I met my husband I lost about 3.5 stone (45lbs) but he's not a tiny guy lol, and he doesn't eat like a tiny guy, and he doesn't care if I'm tiny at all haha so I've gained some back...

This is my before (no official before either as I hated the camera :haha:), it was mid Feb time and the second photo is me on the 1st June so three months and two weeks later. I am pretty similar to that second one now, a few lb's less.

So 1 stone is 14 pounds, right? So then I'm aiming for right around 3 stone.

I so agree with weighing yourself every day! I had some body issues when I was younger that went a bit extreme, so I wasn't allowed to weigh myself every day and then when I moved out of my parents home when I was 19 I quit running and eating healthy and was in a really bad relationship for years. I was just really unhappy and not even trying to be healthy and I gained so much. But I think getting a scale and seeing the truth of it was really helpful motivation.

Before I met my husband I lost about 3.5 stone (45lbs) but he's not a tiny guy lol, and he doesn't eat like a tiny guy, and he doesn't care if I'm tiny at all haha so I've gained some back...

Yeah it is 14lb. I always try to set myself little goals though, like half a stone or into the next lot of lb's, like I am 145 atm so my next little goal is 139 :haha: silly I know but 20lb or what ever feels too far away and then I lose motivation.

I try not to weigh myself everyday because I get abit obsessed, in the past I've got my hubby to hide the scales so I dont keep jumping on them at all times of the day. I hope I'll find some self control and manage to weigh myself once a week, but I doubt that will happen.

Jess - thats a great amount to lose, and yes 14 lbs in a stone. I know in the states you dont go by stones so I try and remember to put the lbs in brackets next to it, but dont always remember. Its when people go by kg that it confuses me, I have no idea how much that is in lbs.

Lets hope we are all successful in not only our weightloss journeys and trying to conceive aswell.

Can really see a difference Tasha! Well done you xxx

Thank you.

I get obsessive with the scales too, difficult isn't it?

1kg is 2.2lb's x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->