Anyone else TTC twins naturally? Let me know!! Need a mad twin buddy!!!!!!!

I want twins. I am taking Clomid and it increases my chance of having twins by 4x. :D

I want twins. I am taking Clomid and it increases my chance of having twins by 4x. :D

Yes, are you taking it purely to conceive twins or for medical reasons? Just curious...

I want twins too and they run strong in hubby's side of the family! His mom had 3 sets of twins, his sister had 1 set, and his brother just had 1 set!! There are none on my side though and the twin gene is suppose to be carried by the mother's side as twins are produced by hyper ovulation (unless it's identical twins which is just one of those unexplained things that happen).

I want twins too and they run strong in hubby's side of the family! His mom had 3 sets of twins, his sister had 1 set, and his brother just had 1 set!! There are none on my side though and the twin gene is suppose to be carried by the mother's side as twins are produced by hyper ovulation (unless it's identical twins which is just one of those unexplained things that happen).

FX'd you never know.....! x

twins :) i have always thought it would be so cool to have twins! i did conceive identical twins(naturally) at the end of Feb this year, sadly at around 8 weeks my little babies did not make it! i was soooo sad and depressed, it was just plain luck that i conceived identical twins once...hopefully that luck can swing by me once more! :) good luck to you all in your twin efforts! :dust:

The first time I was TTC I prayed I wouldn't have twins.

This time.....I'm ok with it... I mean I would be thrilled to be
PG let alone have twins.

The reason for my fear the first time is the twin virus my family has.

At least that’s what we joke about. We have had 10 generations with twins in every one of them on my moms side. My grandmother had 3 sets of twins and my mom is one of the twins. I had 3 more great aunts with a total of 6 more sets of twins. Of my great aunts grandchildren several have had twins. However, we recently realized that from my grandmother none of her granddaughters have had twins so far. Oh yeah and there was 1 set of triplets way back.

Also twins run on my fathers side of the family.

I'm 36 years old and taller than avg. which I hear increases my chances as well.

And lastly for as long as I can remember I have had O pains on both sides each month.

Wow you have a huge chance of having twins!!!!!! GL xxx

Just read your post and it made me smile! I have two year old twin boys (non-identical) and they were my first children. I was trying to think of what I was doing when I got pregnant that might have been different so I could give you some suggestions.. I don't fit into any of the typical brackets for having twins - it was a natural conception, I was 33, slim, no twins ANYWHERE on my side of the family!

I did the usual good things, vitamins, no smoking/alcohol, eating healthy(ish) food.

New for me was lots of exercise and I wonder if that sudden change(!) kick started something. It felt like I was just starting to get fit for the first time in my life when I fell preg.

Then there was the robitussen I took - can't remember exactly but think in the week leading up to ovulation, max dose allowed.

My big suspicion though is that it had something to do with how my body reacted to coming off birth control (microgynon) I very recently looked into this on google as it's been in the back of my mind as a possible cause. There's definitely stuff out there about it including a site (sorry, can't remember which) that recommends staying on an occasional dose of birth control pills in order to mess with your hormones and induce hyperovulation. (I think that's MAD of course) However, lots of people on birth control come off it, get preg and don't have twins! For the record I got preg about 3 months after coming off.

The final thing which I personally think had something to do with it, was what a positive and determined mood I happened(!) to be in at the time. I was saying positive stuff to myself all the time about how I was going to get pregnant really easily and the baby would be fantastically healthy etc! I never dreamed of twins however because it really never occurred to me as a possibility. But I have a feeling you can influence your body with your mind and attitude, especially as hormones are connected to mood and emotion.. That's a personal opinion however!

Finally, it has been a wonderful but utterly exhausting ride having these two lovely creatures. The ability to enjoy the one on one bonding you have with a single baby is somehow taken away when you have twins. You become a little community. You get sleep deprivation X2 (I can't begin to describe the first 3 to 6 months..) You can't just go out and chill in a cafe with your baby like the other mums, it's SO much work. I was talking with another twin mum about it and we said the experience is really not everything X 2 but everything X 4 because whatever you're doing with one baby the other needs attention too. It often seems to be about doing the best you can in a difficult situation..

Having said all that, I wouldn't change a thing, they're utterly wonderful and the feeling you get when they both cuddle up one on each side is pure bliss :)

This has turned into an essay! Good luck to you all with your endevours :winkwink::winkwink:

OMG this is such a fun thread.

I'm glad I'm not alone!!

My mom is an identical twin ... and they say twins skip a generation. My entire life, I have had one fairly light period month, and one raging heavy month. Every other month like that. I've always wondered if the heavy month meant 2 eggs, and the potential for twins. I'm definitely not targeting that heavy month cycle when TTC ... but maybe I should!

I would love love LOVE to have twins. One big, bad pregnancy and DONE. :thumbup:

Lol I think twins would be a dream. BUt I would be worried about birth complications.. as I assume they probably rise when there is two babies in there. lol.

haha hello ladies love the posts i am currently pregnant with twins i am 24 y/o multiples run in my moms side of the family which i hear is much better chances of conceiving twins then if it were from your fathers side i am now 18 weeks and wow it takes so much out of me just to be preggers with two compared to one
i have an 19 mo son he was way easier then these two and id almost like to say a bit nicer to my kidneys and bladder lol althoug i absolutley love it im a stay at home mom and well will soon have to put my lil man in daycare cuz my dr's dont want me to do too much as im not gaining the weight i should be instead ive lost 20 lbs crazy enough as that is ive been 138 lbs for the last almost 3 months now as my tummy is growing my arms and legs seem to get smaller =( now i just look like a big egg with sticks as arms and legs lol i wish you ladies luck on getting preggers with twins i can truly say its def an expereince you dont want to miss out on you feel them sooner and how they move its so ...hmmm how should i put this .... its just weird lol when they are both moving together its like i have a lil octupus in me moving its 8 legs all around my uterus lol

*Raises hand* I soooooooooooooooooooo badly want twins!! My mom is an identical twin and my dad has fraternal twin sisters!! Hubby has 2 sets of twin cousins on his side of the family.... FX but I really would be just as happy with a singleton too!!

Hi, ladies! This thread had died down a bit when i first found it, so I sent CDJ1 (the thread owner) this info below instead of posting it publically....but since we have new posts in the last few weeks, here you go....

The only set of twins in my family is my grandpa (mom's dad) had a set of fraternal twin siblings. Now my family history is weak as no one really had lots of kids after that generation. My mom, aunts, cousins, etc all stopped after one baby (lots of only children running around in my family) but alas I am the family weirdo who has three and in my late 30s has decided that I want more! :wacko: LOL.

Anyway, I first found out about Soy Isoflavones in June, the same month that my Mirena IUD was removed. Funny thing is though that i misread the label completely and was only taking like 30-40mg per day! (DUH) Although it was a low dose, which I took for six days, I definitely had a stronger O than normal - but I O'd two days before my OPK picked up the LH peak and I missed it! (Duh again! Should have listened to the other signs my body gave me.) :nope:

So August 2 was my last CD1 and I took the correct doses of Soy and all other supplements below exactly as stated. I O'd early on CD10 and am now 4w5d. Too early to see if it's twins, but considering that this was the first month trying (I am not counting last month because of that stupid OPK test failing me!) and I am pg - this may just work well......:thumbup:

After extensive reading and researching as much as i could, here is my list of supplements and it is important to mention that if you are breastfeeding, you should not take Tribulus.

1. Soy Isoflavones: taken CD2-6 (see below for dose)
  2. Red clover (weak phyto estrogen, present in my Soy pills): taken CD2-6
  3. Licorice Root: 900mg CD1-7
  4. Tribulus: 1,000mg taken CD6-10 (would have taken it CD6-11, but i O'd on CD10 so I stopped.)
  5. Evening Primrose Oil: 3,000mg taken CD5-12
  6. Royal Jelly: 1,000mg everyday beginning CD3 (that is the day i bought it)
  7. Folic Acid: 2400mcg EVERYDAY since June 26th
  8. 3 cups of non-fat milk each day since June 26th
  9. 1-3 yogurts each day since June 26th (this is the date that DH told me he wanted another baby!)
*For the dairy products, they are NOT hormone free & organic - twinning has been linked to the hormones in dairy. https://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/30/health/30twin.html That link will get you to the article by reknowned OB Dr. Steinman of Long Island Jewish Hospital - the man may be on to something...
** I am also taking 4 adult gummy vitamins (double dose) so I am getting an additional 800mcg of Folic Acid, meaning 3,200mcg per day without fail.**

My Soy Iso came in 10mg pills and 40mg pills. The 40mg pills also have 140mg of Red Clover in them as well. I took them as follows:
CD2: Soy = 180mg; (Red Clover 560mg present in pills)
CD3: Soy = 180mg; (Red Clover 560mg present in pills)
CD4: Soy = 200mg; (Red Clover 700mg present...)
CD5: Soy = 200mg; (Red Clover 700mg...)
CD6: Soy = 240mg; (Red Clover 840mg...)

CD6 overlapped with both Soy and Tribulus. I took the Tribuls in the mornings and Soy at night to avoid headaches. The Tribulus came in 1,000mg pills, but the normal dose is 750mg. Here is the link to the Tribulus article. The women's info is down towards the bottom of the article.
https://www.life-enhancement.com/arti...ate.asp?ID=479

I should mention that Yams are controversial so I did not take them. The Nigerian/Ugandan yam root (Cassava Root) is the yam pill that you want in order to increase your odds for twinning. I could not find it in my natural food store or anywhere else in Denver and I will not buy pills off the internet. Mexican Yam root (Dioscorea villosa) is in the stores, easily available - BUT this food is not a phytoestrogen and instead rasies progesterone, therefore it may stop ovulation and has been used as birth control for centuries. Now you can take it (Mexican Yam Root) after implantation to increase progesterone, but I am a firm believer that if for some reason my body is rejecting a pregnancy because something is wrong, I do not want to mess with nature and try to hold it, so I opted out of taking it, but before my research was done, I did buy a bottle. Just be careful with the Yam roots as it may delay any pregnancy at all. :shrug:

As for Vitex - another supplement that is supposed to be great for female hormone balance - DO NOT MIX THIS WITH SOY OR CLOMID as they cancel each other out. :nope:

Don Quoi - another great herb for balance, but not so great for twinning b/c it regulates hormones from going too high and what you need for twins is high estrogen to grow the eggs, high FSH to grow the eggs and high LH to get hopefully two eggs released.

Also remember that your eggs must release within 24 hours of each other (before the temperature spike for those of you that cahrt) because a jump in temps of at last 0.4*F indicates that the progesterone has kicked in and will cease all other eggs from releasing. This is where the Tribulus helps because as there are mulitple herbs that can increase estrogen (it is found in many foods) there are no herbs or supplements that can increase FSH and LH without prescription meds. Except Tribulus - but it must be taken by women in limited durations - typically CD9-14, but if you O early like me, I would take it immediately following the soy isoflavones.

I will stress that I am not a doctor and this is sort of "hocus pocus" as one reader said - so whether or not it works is yet to be seen and honestly, because they were all food supplements, I was okay with taking them for a few cycles to see if it worked. The combinations were my own formulated "hocus pocus" based on extensive reading - we'll see.

I have my 1st OB appt 9/13 & a scan is the norm at the first visit for my doc. Part of me is nervous - you know - If it's not twins I don't want to be sad, but of course I just want healthy - whether 1, 2 or 3 babies - healthy is the most important thing!

I will keep you all posted!

Hi, new to this forum and thread!! I'd love love LOVE to have twins in my next pregnancy!!!

Here's my story: one son 4 1/2yrs, one daughter almost 2yrs, one miscarriage (dr was sure was twins) early this year, irregular cycles since daughter's birth, but settling into more regular pattern with noticeable ovulation pains (usually left side, but right now this cycle I'm feeling in both however left side still stronger than right).

I'm taking 3000mg folic acid daily, plus magnesium supps and calcium supps. I have just started having epsom salt baths, which I will have no more than about 3 times a week (I've heard it can help stim ovaries, but more than 3/wk can cause yeast infections).

I do have twins on both sides of my family, this is what I know of:

Mums side: grandfather was a twin, my aunty's daughter had twins.
Dad's side: step sister had twins

What do you think my chances could be for my next pregnancy?? I'm wanting to ttc in a couple more months so want to get it 'down pat' now so to speak!!

I'm also thinking about trying acupuncture as I have read that it can stimulate both ovaries.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET IT BE MY TURN FOR TWINS NEXT PREGNANCY!!! :happydance:

I had an ectopic pregnancy earlier this year and it was twins! We were NOT TTC. Twins and triplets tun in my moms side and twins in my dads side (I know paternal doesn't count). I am 36, will be 37 in Dec. My OB said d/t age, the fact that I conceived twins to begin with puts me at a higher risk to conceive them and family history. I am also taking soy CD1-5 as it is supposed to increase your chances of multiples too. We will see. I would be happy with just a BFP!
The only thing I did notice the cycle I conceived the ectopic twins was LOADS of EWCM, I mean LOADs of it! TMI, but it was dripping. I was like WTF!

Momof3:
Let us know how your appt. went. I'm curious as I have always wanted a large family. I didn't want twins when I was younger because I wanted to spread my kids out. However now that I'm much older, I figure If I can conceive in a somewhat normal time frame I can have maybe two more pregnacies. If one of them were to be twins that would give me 4 kids which would be great but 5 would be really great! It's not the eight I always thought I had but 4 is not small either.

While I'm making my wishlist might as well through in there that it would be awsome if they were as cool as my son is!

I want twins sooooooooo bad!!! I day dream about it all the time lol! I have read about all the tricks to conceiving twins and the only one i don't see on here is being over weight. Women you have a higher bmi have a higher chance of multiples so eat up ladies!!

@momof3wants5 -
Hope you don't mind my asking but I'm wondering whether you got those twinnies or not? I tried to search though posts of yours to see if you knew what amount of beans you were having but no such luck. Fingers crossed for multiples for you and me both!!! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->