Anyone else ttc with a hubby with low sex drive?

LaurenH2B

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just moved over from wtt to ttc!
Dh and i have decided to start trying now, i've come off the pill 2 days ago, just waiting for my withdrawal bleed and then my regular af and so on..

BUT

my dh has a low sex drive, he literally cannot do it, i think it's because his job is so stressful (he's in the army) as before he joined (around 1yr ago) we used to do it daily and now it's once a week so i know thats not good for ttc!!

So what do i do? Use opks and try to just aim to do it around this time and hope for the best?! I'm really worried it's going to effect our time ttc :(

Hey there and welcome! My hubby finds BD every day tedius (and so do I), so we're doing the Sperm Meets Egg Plan from this month. It's got great reviews, so why not try it out? xx

My DH also has a low sex drive. Also due to stress, well things get kinda limp when we DTD. Anyway, we were having sex like maybe once a month before TTC. I got him so horny goat weed and maca supplements and that is helping him maintain his stiffness and also boosting his drive a little. I hope things work out for you.

Learn how to track your cycle, either by temping, opks or if you have a regular cycle by counting back about 14 days from the end of your cycle.

That way you can concentrate ttc when you will be most likely to conceive.

Most importantly don't tell him you're fertile as this will put him under pressure.

My husband is the same way only its not due to stress he is just super sensitive so the most often he can do it is every 3 days and I dont like to make him feel like I only want him for a baby, so I dont mention when I am ovulating . so we usually BD once or twice a week and usually only once when I get a positive OPK. and we did conceive twice by only doing it once and he has slightly low sperm count. Over years of TTC Maca and L arginine were most helpful at increasing his drive but did not help with the sensitivity issue.

My husband definitely has this issue (works 12 hour days of fairly physical labor on movie sets), and for several months I avoided mentioning that it was "time" and simply tried to initiate so that he wouldn't feel "used for sperm". However, in our case, he so often turned me down that I ended up having to change my tactics and address the issue directly. He told me I needed to let him know specifically that it was the right day to BD, or he wouldn't realize it was important. I thought OPKS would be the answer, but when dealing with someone who is only willing to have sex once a week, it's still difficult to pinpoint the single best day to try, as they only give you a range and in my case are often positive two days in a row. This month we had sex the first day I got a positive; tried to get him to do it the next day as well (also positive) but he wouldn't go for it. I'm so jealous of people whose husbands will have sex every day in the fertile period! Not just for baby making but for recreational purposes. Anyway my doctor said she will do a scan of the follicles next month to help me determine which day is my best. Not sure if this answer was helpful, but I relate.

It's just nice to know people are in the same situation!
And thanks guys I would love to try smep but I think having sex every other day for a number of consecutive days will be kind of impossible!!
I think im going to track cm, and use opks and just try jump on hubby whenever I get a chance! I try not to say to him I need to do it though as it puts him under pressure and it doesn't happen!

I'm just worried it won't happen for me! I want to be a 2015 mummy so badly! That gives me 5 months for it to happen agh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->