Anyone else under a consultant?

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to post this? :blush:

Ive been placed under midwife and cosultant care due to me being born with mild form of spina bifida.

Ive just receieved a letter saying ive got to go for a scan on 21st may.. i will be 15w4d by then and was wondering whether i would still be entitled to a 20 weeks scan..?

I'm glad that they are finally taking care of me but wondering whether they will use it as an excuse to not give me a scan at 20weeks? :muaha:

xx

sorry honey i dont know, but didnt want to read and run x x x good luck :hugs:

It might be best to phone them and ask.

I always thought they couldn't do all the measuring stuff they need to do until 19 weeks ish. It might be that they just want you to have an extra scan to check everythings okay and to meet your consultant if you haven't already.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Hi moomoo.

I'm being seen by consultants because I'm diabetic. I don't know if it's different where you are but my 20 week scan is arranged by the U/S department and any additional scans are organised by the clinic. So I'm having a scan in 10 days and I'll be 14 weeks but I've been told I will be definitely having the 20 weeks coz that's done through the other department.

There are certain dates when they can do your 20 week scan...and its a major scan because they check for all of the anomalies etc...so I would think regardless of whether you are having one at 15wks you will still get that one.

Jesus, thats jibberish. So sorry. Pregnancy brain...! Hope you can make sense of what I have written.

I will be under a consultant aswell as i have a pituatry gland tumor but as yet dont even have a midwife but will let you know know lol.
I would call them tho!
x

I had consultant led care because I suffered really bad from hyperemesis and I had to have loads of scans throughout my pregnancy because I was so sick they were worried about babys growth and I kept losing fluid. But I still had my 12 and 20 week scans just loads inbetween/after
x

im under a consultant too ....and my dating scan I will be 15 weeks.....I asked mw will I still get 20 week scan....she laughed :)blush:) and said "yes of course"

hope that helps :hug::hug::hug:

I'm under a consultant too because of cancerous cells taken from my cervix 9 years ago. They want to make sure that my cervix is strong enough to carry the baby to full term so I might have to get a stitch put in, depending on what the consultant finds!
I had an early dating scan, I'm getting the nuchal fold scan at 12 weeks and also having the 20 week scan. The mw said I may have to have more scans too because of the cervix problem.

im under consultant care because of 3 pre-term births so classed as high risk! Ive had 4 scans already because of bleeding and other problems ive also booked a private scan at 16wks and got nhs one at 20wks. So yes i think you will get 20wks one as this is the most important one as they check everything the heart and blood flow to the baby. hope this helps :hugs:

Im having consultant & midwife care due to thyroid issues and medications for depression.
I have my dating scan at 14 weeks (dept is busy due to bank holidays) then a consultant visit that day.
Ive been told that my 20 weeks scan will be booked as normal but they may squeeze one in between and one around 30 weeks also.
The 20 week scan isnt really one you should do without - its when they check the baby's growth and that everything is ok - sometimes called an 'anomoly' scan.
Id *really* like to give birth in the local midwife led unit but my midwife mentioned 'high risk' last week and they would prefer a hospital birth, Im keeping my fingers crossed and being as good as possible so the consultant agrees with me!

im having a consulatant led pregnancy do to my cerebral palsy, but i cant reeli help with scans as such, having a scan on 7thmay which will be my 12 weeks scan but i dont know after that xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->