Anyone else waiting on LO to come home?

AP

Reaction score
I am getting annoyed that the pram is sitting in the wardrobe! :rofl:

Yup ... Though I haven't been waiting as long as you yet.

it'll go by in a blur i can assure you! Oh andrew was born on my birthday and i was a very early preemie too! Spooky! How r you coping with it all?xxxx

Happy belated birthday!

Yes, he was a 27wk preemie, sized about 24wks (1lb 6oz). But we had a little notice that he'd be early, and they walloped some steroids into me to help prepare his lungs, which has really helped his progress since.

How am I coping? Ask me another! I'm coping. Andrew is concentrating on sleeping, eating and growing. I'm concentrating on getting myself better (c/s wound not healed properly) and expressing breast milk to help him.

Poor you. I can remember feeling like this-Its awful. I was BEGGING them to let me take her home after a month. I was exhausted and just wanted to be a normal mummy. I soon regretted it as they sent her home at 3lb 7oz and we were terrified-she was tiny!!

Brooke was born at 32 weeks but they think she probably stopped growing at around 28 weeks, she was only 2lb 4oz.

Its soooo hard to relax when you're in hospital waiting for your baby isnt it-the doctors who discharged me told me to rest as much as possible as I was recovering from severe pre eclampsia but when you're expressing, breast feeding, tube feeding, worrying and flying here there and everywhere to and from the hospital just to be with your baby its IMPOSSIBLE to rest as much as you should. I actually passed out at Brooke's bedside twice and they threatened to readmit me. :blush:

If you're feeling unbearably tired, ask if there is somewhere you can lay down and rest. I did and the nurses found me a sofa in an old staff room where I could sleep for an hour. It really helped-although I only was allowed to use it about once a week for an hour! every little helps :winkwink:

I hope you get some R'n'R, and that your LO's will be sleeping in that pram of yours soon :hugs:

Oh the waiting is the worst..and then they move the date on you....and then thats the WORST.

Donna is right get REST. Sleep as much as you can. I know it seems selfish but it's not, you will need your rest once baby is home. And lord knows what your sleeping will be like then!

Also...if you get too worn down you could get sick and you wont be able to see your LO! So REST!

Also do take time out to prepare, do the nursery if you have not already...buy clothing...get all ready. It makes you feel like better! I swear.

Yeah the week before the sleep study and home is the longest of the journey! You just want it to be here now! Just wait and see, it will be here before you know it xxx

Happy belated birthday!

Yes, he was a 27wk preemie, sized about 24wks (1lb 6oz). But we had a little notice that he'd be early, and they walloped some steroids into me to help prepare his lungs, which has really helped his progress since.

How am I coping? Ask me another! I'm coping. Andrew is concentrating on sleeping, eating and growing. I'm concentrating on getting myself better (c/s wound not healed properly) and expressing breast milk to help him.

Hey Hun, the road ahead can seam so scary and uncertain. I wrote a journal and updated it daily whilst Archie was in hospital. He too was a 27 weeker and was in hospital for 95 days. Lots of Ladies on here have read it and have said that its helped them loads even just for a point of reference. You can view it in the parenting journals part of the forum or click on the link in my signature.

Any questions PM me. Give Andrew a big hand squeeze from me. xxx

Dona xx

I am getting annoyed that the pram is sitting in the wardrobe! :rofl:

I remember this. The daily visiting to the hospital was what wore me down as it was about an hour's round trip. All Abby's stuff was half ready and I had no motivation to get it sorted.

But then those magical words "How about she goes home next week?"

In fact they said That on the Tuesday and she came home 3 days later and nothing was ready!!

It is a long road - Abby was in 6 and a half weeks after being 11 weeks early. But here we are 3 months later and it is all way in the distant past!

Good luck. Concentrate on today and before long, all those today's will add up and you'll get those magical words.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->