Anyone else with endometriosis?

RBurnett

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Just seeing if anyone else has endometriosis?
I was diagnosed with it a couple weeks ago when they performed a laparoscopy.

My only sympton is pain in my stomach and back, which I have had since January. They first thought it was Pelvic inflammotry desease but when they did the op they found a small bit of endometriosis. My periods are light, short and painless so i was suprised. They said that there shouldnt be any problem with getting pregnant.

The pains are back and are getting me down as im getting married in couple weeks.

Be nice to talk to others in here with the same condition x

I know exactly how you feel! I got diagnosed 1/2010 & am having my second lap sometime this summer or fall. I have pretty severe endo and horrible daily pelvic pain. Waiting on an appt with a wonderful new MD. I'm on bcp continuously but my DH & I want a baby soon...I'm terrified that when I stop taking it the pain will get much worse. :-(

Hello,

Im not currently on any medication. I am waiting for my follow up appintment. I cant stand the pain anymore and now im feeling dizzy and sick. Im not sure they will put me on treatment as we are planning to try for a baby in 7 weeks after the wedding.

Im worried its going to ruin my wedding and honeymoon. Im starting to feel really low about it and keep crying :-(

Keep your chin up! I know that this kind of daily pain is exhausting and depressing. I really hope you find something that gives you some relief! Hot baths help me & I'm trying out the "endo diet". Ask your doctor to give you some meds to make it more tolerable. Good luck & hugs!!

Thank you hun, ill try and keep my chin up. I hope I can get through work with this pain. Im worried as Im only a temp and if I take days of the can get rid of me as i have just had two weeks of for recovering from the op. Stressful! x

Hi Ladies

I am having the same symptoms as you RBurnett and the docs found 2 3cm cysts on both my ovaries and I'm in hell of alot of pain, they said they cant operate but are going to send me for a scan on tuesday to see if they are bigger if they are then they will operate but i'm getting married in less than 3 weeks!! Is this the same sort of thing as both of you?

RBurnett, I know exactly how you feel...:cry: I had that unbearable, daily pain for months. I had to take so much off work. The doctors tried different meds, but nothing helped. So they told me to get pregnant as soon as I'm ready, which we wanted to do in any case. Fortunately I fell pregnant quickly and when I was almost 4 months, the pain started to dissapear. It was bliss!! It only came back AFTER breastfeeding. :happydance: Then only for a few months before we tried for our 2nd baby. Again it was years before the pain came back, and it never was as severe ever again.

My endometriosis was mostly on the outside of my uterus, and bladder. So fortunately it didn't interfere with me falling pregnant. The only advice I have for you, is to try a hot water bottle. That's all that gave me comfort. Good luck! I hope it will let up soon so that you can enjoy your wedding.

Hi Niki! My situation was very similar before I had my first surgery. Honestly the recovery was pretty rough...unless they think it's urgent to do the surgery to save your ovaries you might want to hold off til after the wedding. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

Hi Niki! My situation was very similar before I had my first surgery. Honestly the recovery was pretty rough...unless they think it's urgent to do the surgery to save your ovaries you might want to hold off til after the wedding. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

Hi, My doctor isn't very helpful at all she just keeps saying that my 3cm cysts arent nothing to worry about at all but thats ok I'm just really worried about the pain cos I don't think I should be in this much pain and I feel sick with it too :s Will just have to wait and see what the ultra sound shows.. :shrug:

I called the hospital today and they are still waiting for my notes but she advised me that they have not got any appointments till October as they fully booked, even though my follow up shpuld be six weeks after the opp! I just hope I get pregnant straight aware as that helps with the pain. x

I'm so sorry you feel so bad...they definitely should be able to give you something for the pain! Let us know how it goes!

Thank you, i just made GP appointment for thursday for pain killers! x

I hope they can get your endo under control soon. I was diagnosed when I was 14 and had to have emergency surgery for an ovarian cyst. I went on bc after that which kept it under control. When I went off last year, it only took me 3 cycles to conceive even though my cycles were irregular. Best of luck!

Thank you, I hope it doesnt take me long as I heard getting pregnant helps

YAAAAAAAY I managed to get a appointment with the consultant next week. Im so happy. Im not sure they will put me on treatment as we are going to try soon but sould be able to give me somthing for the pain..!

I will keep you updated xx

:hugs: good luck at the appointment!! I've been waiting literally YEARS for a Dr to listen to me when I say the pains and periods I get aren't normal, I've been hospitalised twice for it and they treated me for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, which did absolutely nothing for the symptoms. I've finally got a gynae appointment at the end of June, and my GP thinks they'll diagnose endometriosis then.

I hope you get some decent painkillers sorted asap :hugs:

Thanks i know what u mean about Drs!! I was told by a A&E dr to get my gp to refer me but she said there was nothing wrong with me!....How could she tell by just sitting there looking at me. I had to get another Dr to refer me!!

No surprises there!! I went to a GP once as my period was late, and she told me I was pregnant. Whilst holding a NEGATIVE pregnancy test that she'd done for me. :bfn: :dohh: Sometimes I wonder why they become Drs, is it just to mess with our heads?

Same thing happened to me!

I was late on and I did several tests wich where all negative. I went to the dr and she was soo excited and told me I was pregnant! she was so excited it was as though i was giving her the best news ever..!

Random!!

Wow, it's not just me then!! That's ridiculous! :dohh: bloody doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->