Anyone else with irritable uterus?

Hopefulk

Dd born 28.11.12
Reaction score
Not sure how in going to cope for the next five weeks until my planned section... This is ridiculous!

Called maternity on Monday night as hadn't felt my usually very active baby move for 4 hours, I had pelvic pressure for for first time )about four times) , waves of nausea and tightenings that we're lasting longer than bh (45-60 minutes for some). I knew I wasn't in labour but I've had pre-e before and on Sunday night I sloped from being on all fours into my tummy.

I was kept in hospital and monitored and discharged at 3pm on Wednesday because the tightenings had calmed down, cervix was closed, had been given steroids in case things happen early and told I probably have irritable uterus brought on by a uti (blood in water samples).

Was home for 90 minutes with 2 year old and bent over a kitchen cabinet in pain with tightening, which lasted for 45 minutes (pain only for a few minutes)! I'd only picked her up for a cuddle (I'd missed her and she was visibly upset with me for leaving her for two days then cuddled her on the sofa but had an accidental but inevitable elbow and knee in the tummy). It got worse and I didn't get to sleep till 2.45am but up at 6.30 with her.

Back in hospital this am for last steroid shot and was honest with them and they said "you need do come back in" so I lied and said it isn't too bad. They've said I can't lift anything (2 year old? Her bag with everything in it?!), need to drink enough so I'm never thirsty but avoid a more than half full bladder as this will being in tightenings (8m pregnant... Either thirsty or peeing self as standard! Lol!) and rest with feet up or go back to hospital! And there are certain foods to avoid as they can increase the cramping... Groan!

I can't be on bed rest for 5 weeks and away from Sadie but I can't cope with day to day either! Flying family in for 3 days per week every week for next four weeks to help but it feels ridiculous... I'm *JUST*!having a baby!

They've also said that with baby being transverse, it could be irritating uterus with it's movements and stretches so I have a baby irritating it from the inside, a toddler irritating it from the outside and me who just wants to sleep... 35 days seems like an absolute bloody eternity! Lol!

Sorry for ranting... Any advice from anyone? Or anyone want to buddy up and moan with me?! :)

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

((hugs)) i've been there, i had irritable uterus with both my boys, i found drinking little and often helped, as did lots of baths, i know its practially impossible to rest up with a lo. but try and find quiet activities you can do together, reading/jigsaws/peg puzzles/ threading beads etc, xxx

I have an irritable uterus this time. It's very frustrating. It was scary early on (I first started having issues at 32 weeks) and now it's more just annoying because I keep getting my hopes up that I'm going into labor!

I try to drink tons of water and I typically take a bath before I decide if I think they're real contractions or just my uterus acting up. Typically a bath settles them down for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->