Anyone else with names already picked out??

My husband suggested Danielle/Daniella the other day. I love that he's thinking of names! I think Danielle/a is a bit out-of-date at the moment though. What do other people think?

My husband suggested Danielle/Daniella the other day. I love that he's thinking of names! I think Danielle/a is a bit out-of-date at the moment though. What do other people think?

I love Danielle/a....it may seem dated, but you won't have a million of girls in her class named the same. Its now unique. :)

I like Danielle, but not Daniella for some reason! I think you've got to like Dani as an abbreviation though as every Danielle I know gets abbreviated, that's what puts me off Isabelle, because I don't like Izzy as a shortened version.

Here's the NameVoyager link:

https://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=danielle&sw=both&exact=false

Danielle peaked in 1980 and has been dropping since, which makes sense to me because the only Danielles I know are about my age.

Daniella has been increasing since then and is still on the rise.

We had them picked out and we LOVED them, but i work in a nursery so I go off names if I get too many, I loved Logan and Maddie but I have had SO many with those names and I associate the names with the children and i want my kids name to be my kids name if that makes sense?

Here's the NameVoyager link:

https://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=danielle&sw=both&exact=false

Danielle peaked in 1980 and has been dropping since, which makes sense to me because the only Danielles I know are about my age.

Daniella has been increasing since then and is still on the rise.

Can't believe I didn't know about NameVoyager - it has now transformed my baby name obsession!! x

I like not going with trends not sure why but never been a fan of 'cool' names. I like boyish names for boys girly names for girls simple :) x

I like Danielle, but not Daniella for some reason! I think you've got to like Dani as an abbreviation though as every Danielle I know gets abbreviated, that's what puts me off Isabelle, because I don't like Izzy as a shortened version.

I like isobella and I hate issy as a name but I will shorten to belle / Bella

We had them picked out and we LOVED them, but i work in a nursery so I go off names if I get too many, I loved Logan and Maddie but I have had SO many with those names and I associate the names with the children and i want my kids name to be my kids name if that makes sense?

I also work in a nursery so I TOTALLY get you! :thumbup:

I like isobella and I hate issy as a name but I will shorten to belle / Bella

I will try and keep the full name for as long as I can, then if I HAVE to shorten, it would also be to Belle.

I've just been browsing at baby names (like I say, helps pass the time!) and I also decided I love Liliana

I'm a teacher so names carry connotations for me too! We have our names picked out for both boy and girl, including middle names. I'm sure they won't change but you never know as I will be on baby name sites a lot when I'm pregnant ;)

I love the name Tess or Tessa for a girl. I actually like it so much I'm not telling my DH until I know that I'm actually pregnant since I think he'll be much more receptive to names then. (His idea of a great girl's name right now is "Ice Pick". LOL. He has a very silly sense of humor!)

My 2 requirements for names are that they be unique but not weird so that people know how to pronounce my kid's names but they hopefully don't go to school with 3 other kids with the same name. And that they not have a nickname! Although I like my name, I have a full legal name that no one (not even my parents) calls me. It didn't use to be a big deal but I've gotten hassled at airports in the last few years when my ticket didn't match my ID, etc. It seems like a no brainer to just put my legal name on official things but I've written my nickname on everything since I was a child so it gets very confusing.

Love name threads, I'm obsessed and have baby name apps on my phone **blush **. We have Lincoln for a boy, with middle name most likely Arthur and for a girl I like Lilah, Lilianna, Lianna, with the middle name Iris or Hope. I absolutely love the name Phoebe, but my husband is adamant that is a no go :(

I have my names picked out. For a girl her name will be Aubrey with her middle name most likely Makenna. For a boy his name will definitely be Owen Charles. Owen I just like and Charles after my father and grandfather.

So Aubrey Makenna & Owen Charles for me :)

I have the middle names picked out, which will be after my grandparents (well, my nan's will be a more modernised version!), and I have a whole list of first names which I love

I let slip to dh the other day that I like Jessica (but but Jessie) and Alexander. I didn't get much reaction, he said he didn't mind then but didn't want to talk about baby names yet so I'm keeping it to myself until we ttc

DH and I have discussed names and already have a kind of shortlist, but we've decided not to name the baby until they are actually born depending on what they suit best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->