anyone else...

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
utterly terrified of having to tell everyone???

Its not that im not ecstatic!! Both hubby and I are overjoyed to have a peanut of our own. Its just that im terrified that telling all our freinds and wider family (close family already know) will somehow burst the bubble and it will be taken away from us.

We've got our scan at 12 wks (by my calculations). We will be telling wider fmaily after than and then hubby wants to announce it to the world (on facebook no less).....I'm not sure how i feel about that. No i am sure....TERRIFIED!:shrug:

Its just such a big expectation to live up to!! ONce everyone knows, you kind of have to produce a baby at the end of it. Gah.....feeling conflicted

My FIL was so mean about it he made me cry. My OH had to reassure me for days that he was just drunk and to ignore him. He actually told my OH that I can't take care of a baby and tried to make OH promise to put the baby right into daycare because I might leave the door open and let one of our dogs hurt the baby! Nevermind the fact that I'm the one banning the dogs from the house! And the fact that I was a stay at home mom to my 2 older kids for several years after they were born.. and I've taken care of other peoples babies since I was 15.

Everyone else has been overjoyed though. I honestly thought MY parents would be the bubble bursters but they have been fine about it. There will ALWAYS be someone who wants to rain on the parade. Always someone who is going to immediately tell you their horror stories or try to tell you what to do and how to do it. You just have to ignore them all and do what you know is right!

Plus, once you get to the second tri, the hormones will calm down a bit. Just tell anyone who sounds negative to get on board and be happy or get the hell away until they can pretend to be happy! Already told my OH that his dad can't visit until his attitude improves!

I found it really difficult to tell everyone. I'm not sure why. I think it's out of fear.

I said to myself I would tell everyone after my 12 week scan - that was last Friday and it took me until today to work myself up enough to tell everyone my good news. I feel better about it now after all the congratulations but I feel overwhelmed that I'll have all these people asking questions should something happen.

I never thought I would feel this way. When I first found out I was pregnant I really wanted to tell everyone because I was so excited but when the time came it was so difficult.

Good Luck to you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->