Anyone else.......

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
not feeling it yet???

I have finished my shopping, ordered my turkey, got my decorations up and have even taken Dec to see Santa but I still dont feel Christmassy yet :shrug: I am excited that I have everything done but it just doesnt feel like it should :cry:

Anyone else ??

A lot of people have said that recently and my theory is its the weather. You want to be wrapped up with a hat, scarf and gloves and it's hardly coat weather.

Me. I agree it's probably got something to do with the weather. Its just not Cold enough.

Me too, doesn't feel very wintery and Christmassy xx

I haven't felt Christmassy at all either. The weather here has been really warm too so might be it but not sure. Just feel blah about it this year.

Me too, I have flowers in my garden. Its been horrible weather and buckets of rain. But my roses have flowers.

Me. I don't think it's the weather in my case though, it's just doesn't feel like it's so soon.

I think you need to make yourself a nice big mug of hot chocolate with squirty cream, snuggle under the fluffiest blanket you have, Christmas lights on and watch something super Christmassy....

P.s this doesn't work without the hot chocolate or the whippy cream ;)

I'm the same think it's cause i have so much to do and so little time i'm so busy at the mo i usually have time to potter about and feel festive but i started placement and i have loads of college work to sort and i'm honestly exhausted!

I'm struggling with it too. When I was a kid it felt like Christmas took forever to come, the years went quite slowly. And now time goes really fast, and it doesn't feel like it should be Christmas, but it is :/

I feel the same way. In my case I think it's because I'm seriously overbooked and rather stressed right now. I just can't focus on the season right now and it feels like it's slipping through my fingers and will be gone before I've had a chance to enjoy it.

I feel the same, and I think it's because I still have sickness and this pregnancy. I was sure it would have gone by now and I'd be in b the Christmas spirit but I'm still miserable. :(

I'm the same, just not 'into it' this year. Feel like I'm going through the motions without enjoying it. Usually I'm all wrapped etc, not this year. Not wrapped a thing : /

I'm the same, just not 'into it' this year. Feel like I'm going through the motions without enjoying it. Usually I'm all wrapped etc, not this year. Not wrapped a thing : /

same here usually i'm so excited to get it all sorted. This year i keep thinking i should really do that but ....
:dohh:
I've turned nto a right grump and i'm running out of time!
I'm hoping since the kids break up the friday before i will get into the mood.

I can't even be bothered to buy stuff this year, like normally i'd have got loads of snacky bits in and festive stuff i'm just so skint and can think of a million other things to spend money on grr.

I feel the same this year... my theory was that I am usually so completely unorganised and December is always such a rush to get everything done that it goes so quickly. This year we tried to be smarter about Christmas, we put money away every week...went crazy in all the sales (especially the argos 3 for 2!) And we have been finished for ages! Because there's nothing left to do chridtmas day feels so far away! X

I thought it was because of the weather, it is so mild here, lots of rain and wind but the temp is still about 13-14 :( but I dont think its that, it just feels to soon to be Christmas already :shrug:

It doesn't really feel christmassy here, I live in Canada and we usually have 1-2 feet of snow by now. but it is raining and warm and the snow that we do have is melting. It is making it impossible to get into the spirit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->