Anyone else??

baby_bear1

Reaction score
Well my last period was October 2015. It was unusually long and extremely heavy and clotty. (Tmi sorry). Well I've missed my af November and December, and I've had 3 negative pee tests and 1 negative blood test. I've had sore bbs, my nipples have been sore, I've had a slight pulling and stretching pain in my lower abdomen. I spent a week sitting by the toilet with morning sickness but I thought it was just a bug from work. I'm not too sure what's going on, and my doctor isn't much help. He says he doesn't want to do any ultrasounds until I have a positive result. I'm not sure where to go from here besides testing till I get a positive or af. But I also don't want to throw away all that money for nothing. :wacko: has this happened to anyone else and they actually ended up pregnant?? If I am pregnant, I'm technically 10 weeks and 5 or 6 days.

Well my last period was October 2015. It was unusually long and extremely heavy and clotty. (Tmi sorry). Well I've missed my af November and December, and I've had 3 negative pee tests and 1 negative blood test. I've had sore bbs, my nipples have been sore, I've had a slight pulling and stretching pain in my lower abdomen. I spent a week sitting by the toilet with morning sickness but I thought it was just a bug from work. I'm not too sure what's going on, and my doctor isn't much help. He says he doesn't want to do any ultrasounds until I have a positive result. I'm not sure where to go from here besides testing till I get a positive or af. But I also don't want to throw away all that money for nothing. :wacko: has this happened to anyone else and they actually ended up pregnant?? If I am pregnant, I'm technically 10 weeks and 5 or 6 days.

My cousin had negative tests all the way up through her 5th or 6th month of pregnancy. Her body just didn't produce enough HCG for the test to pick up. I don't know if her + was blood test or if they finally did an ultrasound though. I think they did a blood test, saw there was some hcg but it was low, and then did a second one and saw it had increased by not by much. Then did ultrasound. It was pretty insane. She kept POAS just to see what would happen and didn't ever get a BFP until very very late.

I don't know how common that is though.

Do you temp at all? Are you doing OPKs to check for ovulation? I'm wondering if you are having annovulatory cycles or if you are actually pregnant, or if there's something else going on. Were you regular before?

I'm in a similar situation. No AF since October but 3 BFNs and a negative blood test as well. No sickness for me though. I'm thinking of going into the Dr again in the new year but he is probably just going to do more blood testing.

On the bright side, having a late AF and negative sticks is what made me and my husband think about trying to conceive a third child.

I don't. What are annovulatory cycles? I was actually very regular before. I started my period at a very young age, 10 years old. I had wacky periods until I got on birth control at 13 to fix them. I was on birth control til earlier this year in April. I had normal flow, it only lasted 5-7 days and my cycles last from 28-30 days apart. Besides in October it was two weeks late, and I had one faint positive. The next week I had extreme cramps and pains coming from my back and wrapping around to my front lower abdomen. I ended up going to the er it was so bad. The doctor they had on call that night explained to me that it was an early miscarriage and my body was dispelling it, and that's why it was so heavy and clotty. SO and I have been doing BD and I haven't had my period since then. I thought it was just stress, but I've never had stress affect my af this bad. I plan on going to the ob again in January if I still have no af by then, just don't know where to turn for answers until then. It's all confusing. I just don't want to lose this chance if this is really it.

I don't. What are annovulatory cycles? I was actually very regular before. I started my period at a very young age, 10 years old. I had wacky periods until I got on birth control at 13 to fix them. I was on birth control til earlier this year in April. I had normal flow, it only lasted 5-7 days and my cycles last from 28-30 days apart. Besides in October it was two weeks late, and I had one faint positive. The next week I had extreme cramps and pains coming from my back and wrapping around to my front lower abdomen. I ended up going to the er it was so bad. The doctor they had on call that night explained to me that it was an early miscarriage and my body was dispelling it, and that's why it was so heavy and clotty. SO and I have been doing BD and I haven't had my period since then. I thought it was just stress, but I've never had stress affect my af this bad. I plan on going to the ob again in January if I still have no af by then, just don't know where to turn for answers until then. It's all confusing. I just don't want to lose this chance if this is really it.

anovulatory means not ovulating. Sometimes it happens due ot stress or illness or other reasons. It's not uncommon for a woman to have an anovulatory cycle once in awhile, it is uncommon to happen multiple times unless there is a medical condition (like PCOS).

If October was a miscarriage it could take your body awhile to ovulate again afterwards. Some women go back to normal right away, some do not. If you don't ovulate, you won't have a period, which could be the reason. Could also be pregnancy. But a blood test would have shown something I would think.

Hope you figure it out soon. :( Sorry I'm not much more help

I thought it would too! But I've also seen a lot of people saying they had negative blood tests well into their pregnancies up to 20+ weeks. I don't know what to think :(

Have you tried seeing another doctor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->