Anyone elses LO gone off milk? Need some words of encouragement!

MrsWatson

Reaction score
So, my 17 week old has been decreasing the amount of milk she will take over the last 6 weeks.

She was on about 800 ml a day, now I'm lucky if I can get 600 ml into her.

So far she has been putting on weight, but this week she stayed the same.

I tooki her to the GP who said that she is healthy and to stop worrying. She is a very happy baby, VERY alert and playful, full of beans, discovering her voice etc.

I then saw a health visitor who said that this is a classic case of my LO getting bored of milk. She's taking just what she needs to function, but no more.

She has told me to start weaning at 18 weeks - although I think I'm going to start on the baby rise today.

Did anyone else go through this? I just can't see a light at the end of the tunnel and keep imagining that she's going to end up in hospital.

Avery started going through a fussing about drinking stage last month. Fortunately this week when she hit 5 months, she's back to taking 6 oz at a feeding. She's just more interested in observing and playing than laying back and sucking on a bottle.

My LO has been exactly like this, I posted a thread on it the other day. I have re-introduced a dreamfeed to get an extra bottle into her :haha: I'm such a sneaky mummy!!!

I've also started weaning her, she loves sweet potato!

I'm getting Sophie up in the night to get an extra feed into her! That's how desperate I've become!

Have you thought about dreamfeeding her instead of waking her?

I just noticed your LO was born on my birthday :)

Hi :flower: i really wouldn't worry,as your doc said (nice doc by way) your baby is happy and alert :thumbup: babies have this wonderful sense of what they really need and mostly dont over eat. I know how easy it is to worry as i have to stop myself as my Lo has NEVER had much at all from birth to now :wacko: but you know some times you have to trust your baby (as long as they are not starving :haha:) :flower: I waited till my Lo was 6months old before i started the weaning process as i wanted to try blw and i am so glad as he is really enjoying his food:) Good luck and im sure your Lo will be fine x

Louppey - I dream feed her at 10, and then if she hasn't already wokem by 4, I feed her in the night - but I tend to wait until she stirs, She's only gone through the night once, but I don't want to risk not getting that night feed into her.

We started on the baby rice yesterday, she seemed to really enjoy it, I wasn't expecting her to swallow any for the first week!

I know I need to stop worrying, as she really is one of the happiest babies I know, I worry becuase the amount seems to have continually decreased since she was about 4 weeks old, and I can't imagine it increasing again.

My mantra has become...

She is happy
She is alert
She is weeing
She is poohing
STOP WORRYING!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members