Anyone else's LO not like to sleep?

KX

Reaction score
rebecca was a hellish baby for sleeping-she never slept hardly-and up every 30-40mins at night wanting fed.

Anyway Lucy goes down midnight until 7am, which is fab, please dont think I dont appreciate this as I do, HOWEVER she does not take long naps during the day, and Ive tried everything.

For example today from 7am she only went down for 3 15-20 min naps all day that was it until now (11pm) and wouldn't settle, wanted constantly occupied or held.

I am totally grateful for the 6-7 straight hours I get a night but find this up all day with no peace tiring especially with Rebecca to contend with.

She is in NO feeding routine-eats what she wants, when she wants, and I am forever puring milk out as it goes to waste!:hissy:

Anyone elses LO like this? Insomniacs during the day?lol

Caitlins a fair few weeks behind your LO but how unsettled she is sleeping is barmy & every 3 hours wants fed - She will take 3oz 4 if lucky so little but often (as the HV said). WONDERFUL lol Its like 24 hours not unsettled sleep in day/short ish naps but around teh clock.

Would love 6-7 hours at night - we're doing 'shifts' as we call it! Its really getting me down/us both! We've just had a row over sleep and stuff basically :( Very frustrating.

Bethanie is the same, but she is much older.. I know I don't have two kids, but even I find it very tiring.

You say you've tried everything so all I can say is to ride the storm and wait for it to pass? or, have you considered trying to get her into a routine? letting her cry it out and you deciding when she has the milk?

See Im confused when letitng your kids 'cry it out' is acceptable. Caitlin wants 100% attention when shes awake.

Lucy screams herself silly til she is wrenching or holding her breath :dohh:

Yer same with lil woman makes me sad!

Do you pick her up all the time shes like that Kx?

Yeah I cant stand seeing her like that, plus I always end up picking her up for a quiet life-wrong I know, but both my girls have tempers on them :blush: Take it off me Dale says!

Its tiring, especially when Lucy sleeps 6-7 hours at night but Rebecca is still up bout 10 times chancing her luck for milk! Kids eh :hissy:

Maybe if shes taking so little at regular times it might benefit you holding out on her nomatter what? Cruel to be kind type thing ... Im sure she will benefit if it works? - maybe?

I pick up straight away too I can see it becoming a problem just getting an idea of her personality rather than it being something wrong!

I know theres a couple of months difference between Olivia and Lucy but im kind of in the same boat.

Olivia rarely naps during the day, or if she does its just for very short periods. She isnt really into being entertained yet but seems to always want to be held. Shes fine if you hold her she will be content & awake for hours but as soon as you put her in her moses basket or on her play mat she cries

But again she sleeps on a night. Settles around midnight through to 6-7am

x

By cry it out, I meant - shes due a feed around 3:30 for example.. but you want her to feed at 4pm so you let her cry for a bit or just try to keep her occupied (I didn't mean leave her in the cot to cry or alone).

Olivia and Lucy sound very alike BabyBean :hugs:

Its torture trying to get anything done during the day.

Complete madness!!!

I sympathise with u hun. Oliver is the same. He has no feedin pattern. He also eats what and when he wants, he is ALWAYS hungry! He's the same in the day too. Will not settle. Cries when i leave the room or if i dont pick him up. He'll speep for a ten minute period a couple of times a day-thats all. I cant even pee without him crying. It is very tireing cus u cant get 5mins to yourself. Oliver only usually sleeps for about 4hours at night before wantin a feed, occasionally he will sleep through 7hours but not alot. I know how u feel. At least u do have a routine in the evenings with her though. x

rebecca was a hellish baby for sleeping-she never slept hardly-and up every 30-40mins at night wanting fed.

Anyway Lucy goes down midnight until 7am, which is fab, please dont think I dont appreciate this as I do, HOWEVER she does not take long naps during the day, and Ive tried everything.

For example today from 7am she only went down for 3 15-20 min naps all day that was it until now (11pm) and wouldn't settle, wanted constantly occupied or held.

I am totally grateful for the 6-7 straight hours I get a night but find this up all day with no peace tiring especially with Rebecca to contend with.

She is in NO feeding routine-eats what she wants, when she wants, and I am forever puring milk out as it goes to waste!:hissy:

Anyone elses LO like this? Insomniacs during the day?lol

Juleika is exactly like this. at daytime I only can get her to sleep on the breast (what I do not appreciate at all, as I feel like her human dummy, she won't take an artifical one :dohh:) or in the sling!
gladly the sling thing works out, although I am not fully able to do my housework, but unleast I can eat and surf on the net ;)

in the sling she also only sleeps at longest for two hours, except I or we go outside with her, where we would be in constant movement. like this she would sleep forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->