Anyone else's toddler get contact dermatitis caused by certain foods?

familygirl30

Reaction score
The title says it all......my 17 month old son started with it when we weaned him and got it bad around his mouth,we saw a dermertologist and they think it was caused by certain foods which we found were banana and tomotoes and some acidic foods.Anyway we were discharged from hosp and he hadn't had a bad flare up for months. I started introducing a bit of banana again and seemed fine but at the weekend he had a banana and prawn cocktail crisps for the first time and that eve the rash appeared around his mouth so I think it could have been the new flavour crisps as surely if was banana wud hav appeared after he had it before.Does anyone else's little ones get this when been in contact with certain foods.

yes -

she's gotten a rash from pie and red/orange icing so we're guessing its the red dye

also the other day when we were eating pizza, I don't think it was the actual pizza as shes had all the toppings before (red pepper, pepperoni)the garlic dip was the only new item there

Yes my daughter has, the ketchup from ikea seems to do it and certain cheeses. It goes down very quickly though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->