Anyone ever get pregnant after a vasectomy?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I'm not talking about infidelity, nor if your DH had a reversal. The reason I'm asking because we just had our fifth baby in July. When I was 5 months pregnant with him, DH got the snip. I even went to the office with him to make sure it was "done". He went for one follow up sperm count at 3 months post surgery which showed no sperm. He was supposed to come in for another sperm count about 6 months but he never did go since the first count was clear.

I didn't tear so I felt well enough to start DTD again about 4 weeks postpartum. I'm assuming this is around the time I ovulated, as I usually get my first period between 6-7 weeks postpartum. However, we stupidly assumed DH was infertile since it had been so long since his surgery. Fast forward to this week. My baby is going to be 7 weeks old this weekend and I'm expecting AF any day now.

But I'm not sure if she is going to show for several reasons.

1) I've been increasingly hungry. I mean I literally have to eat every few hours or I get shaky just like when I'm pregnant. I've also had waves of nausea, especially in the mornings.

2) My uterus feels "full" and I keep getting pinching pains in my lower pelvis... implantation?

3) My boobs have been off and on sore. I'm not exclusively BFing so that can't be why.

4) I got a cold sore a couple days ago, which I've always had during the TWW.

5) I've been tired despite my baby being a good sleeper.

6) I felt my cervix. It is very high and closed. Also had an abundance of CM after being dry for so long. No sign of AF since it typically lowers and opens the closer I get to starting.

So has anyone gotten pregnant or is currently pregnant after a vasectomy? Everything I've read says only 1% which makes me feel like I'm crazy. Even DH thinks I'm crazy but I can't ignore my symptoms. I mean there was a reason we got the V done in the first place. I think I will test on the weekend if AF doesn't show.

Hi. Same boat here, just confirmed this week lol. Thought we were done at 3 but nope��

Oh my - same boat here...can I obsess with you ladies? �� DH got a vasectomy June 2017 right after our 3rd baby. He chose not to get the recheck or perhaps he just forgot to do it.

Having many symptoms similar to my early pregnancy symptoms I had with my 3 babies. Feeling crazy....AF is not sure for 2 days still.

UPDATE: I caved and bought a couple tests today while I was out picking up my daughter from school. I took one with afternoon urine and a very faint line showed up on it. Although it was within the 10 minute time frame, I'm not 100% sure it has color to it so I'll probably retest tomorrow with FMU. On the other hand it does look similar to tests I'd taken around 10 dpo. Really freaking out right now.

Lil major hugs hun. I know it is a shock but I'm wishing you all the best.

Grate you should be able to get results now with a Frer. Good luck to you.

Lilmiss- Ahhh you should post the picture so we can see...not knowing for sure is nerve wracking, hugs!

Conundrum- i have one test and don’t want to take it too early and then still have to wonder...but...this is driving me crazy. I cannot imagine I am pregnant after he had the vasectomy but...the way I am feeling makes me really nervous. I will probably test tomorrow which would be AF or the day before AF. How are you feeling about being pregnant?

Lilmiss soooooo have u done another test......x

Lil- Honestly still shocked but I'm getting used to it. Just trying to wrap my mind around 3 under 3. Next weeks my first appointment and scan so hopefully nerves completely settle then

THIS IS CRAZY! I retested this morning and there is still a line. It is a tad bit darker today (I took a picture after the test dried so it would be easier to pick up on camera) and still showed up within the 10 minutes. My DH is going to flip. Can any of you see it? I will retest Sunday or Monday but I'm pretty sure this is real. I'm guessing I'm about 10/11 dpo?

Attachments

• SAM_2330.jpg
    SAM_2330.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 98
I can see it.

DH got the snip in April. We waited a little long to submit our samples, but he submitted two and I got the call (for some reason, the urologists office always calls my number first?) that he was in the clear after the second sample and didn't need to give another sample. I hope I'm not in this same boat at any point....because we've been celebrating his clear results.

I am breastfeeding and haven't got my period yet, but I do have signs of fertility returning, since I'm almost 13 months post partum. With ODS AF came back at 8 months, with DD it was 15 months, so....

Lilmiss - I see it. Wow. If that is for real, I cannot believe how quick it happened after your baby was born, let alone after a vasectomy. Are you going to wait to tell DH until after you test a few more times?

I have had virtually no symptoms today except my lower abdomen feels a little tight inside at times. Yesterday I had every typical pregnancy symptom (that I normally get when neely pregnant) and today none. Perhaps I am in the clear? AF should be here tomorrow or Sunday. May test tomorrow morning just for total piece of mind.

Lil definitely see it. That's how mine started out, I ended up purchasing 7 more for confirmation. Wishing you well hun let us know how the retest goes

I can see a line in the second one too, how did the retest go? :hugs:

Yes I can see it very very faint line but it's there have u done another

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back