anyone ever had mastitis?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
just been docs and have it:( i have 2 days of antibiotics if its not gone i have to go hosp to have it drained! shittin myself and hoping these tablets work:( any ways to ease the discomfort? and anyone needed the breast drained?

I've had it twice :(

The best thing to do is massage the breast toward the nipple. It will help break up the blocked duct and get the milk out. I also tried to express as much as I could to help get it all out. Other than that I had antibiotics too, thankfully it wasn't to long before I was all better as mastitis can give you flu like symptoms to :(

Hope you feel better soon x

Post in breastfeeding too hun, you may get more advice :flower:

Wow having it drained sounds extreme! I assume your breastfeeding? The others have good advice, the best thing is to feed lots on that side and it'll help it unclog.
I had it twice, I felt like DEATH! Both times I had I think a 5 or might have been 7 day course of flucloxacillin.

im not breastfeeding:/ i ff when he saw me today he said i need to take the antibiotics for 2 days and then straight to hosp:S he said it could turn into an abcess ( dont know if thats whats already happening) and will need to be drained by needle and syringe/ are a small cut,, hopefully it clears up by then im on the same tablets u mentioned up above^^x

Do you have a breast pump?

The best thing to do is massage from the point of the pain towards your nipple. You need to work the infection out.

i dont :/ the doc just said take the tabs if its still there sunday then i have to go a&e:/ im starting to feel ill now , my glands are going up like when i have flu:(

Aw you poor thing :(. I've had mastitis a few times, only when breastfeeding though. With my DD I had it for 7 weeks, it was awful, I couldn't shift it and was on several different antibiotics. The doctor said draining it would be a last resort though, I don't know if that was because I was BFing and that makes a difference? Anyway when she said about draining she said that they numb the area first, if that eases your mind a bit.
I second what the others have said- try and massage the area. I was told to massage downwards towards the nipple never up as that can cause more problems. Try doing it in the shower/bath as the hot water helps. Also drink lots of fluids.
Hope you feel better soon and don't need to have it drained!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->