Anyone ever measure early??

HLanders

Mom of twin girls
Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you ladies have gone in for your first U/S and measured farther along than you actually were? I just read two threads about the girls who are measuring 2 weeks earlier their LMP... I can understand that way, ovulation being a tricky thing to pinpoint AND how long it takes for implantation to actually occur, but can things go the opposite way, too?

I got my BFP 6 days before my missed period... so now I'm wondering if when I go in for my first U/S at 5 weeks if it's possible to be measuring at 6 weeks. I want to hear a heartbeat soooo badly!!!

I saw the heartbeat at 5w5d but measured to be 5w6d. I don't think you should expect to see a heartbeat at 5 weeks. You will most likely be disapointed and worried for nothing. It's more likely to be a couple days off rather than a couple weeks unless your cycles are crazy. I'd push your appointment back to almost 6 weeks. That way you can almost bet to see a heartbeat. Otherwise, the ultrasound is kinda pointless. I did this, and am so glad I waited.

Modern tests are very sensitive and can give you a positive result well before your period is due. You may end up being further along than you thought. Or it may just be that you got a bfp very early but your dates are still correct. I personally would not recommend having an ultrasound at 5 weeks as it is too early to see the baby. If you can, wait till at least 6 weeks. If you end up being a few days further along, bonus. All you will see at 5 weeks is an empty sac, and the yolk if you are very lucky.

Oh, also I got my bfp at 8dpo. So, someone who didn't implant as early as me woudln't have seen a heartbeat as early.

I don't really know how the healthcare system works over here, my husband is in the Army and we're stationed in Germany. Tricare made the appointment for me, so I was basically just handed a paper saying when and where my appointment was. I've also heard that over here they do ultrasounds at every visit, so I have no clue what to think.

I know it's early... and there's always the possibility that my first visit will be to pee in a cup, take some blood and go home. BUT, on the off chance there is an U/S I just wanted to know if the timing of my positive pregnancy test affected how far along I could be. On the date of the appt. I'll be 5w3d.

I got my positive test at 9dpo but my date based on knowing when I ovulated and adding the 14 days back on turned out to be spot on at the ultrasound.

The heartbeat starts 22 days after conception. I think this is fairly universal and I'm not sure that the moment of implantation has any effect on this. It might do though. what makes the most difference is the quality of the ultrasound technology, that is why some people can see the hb at 5+4 and others can't see it till nearly 7 weeks

I assumed implantation had something to do with it because before implantation you aren't producing hormones to progress the pregnancy. Not sure on it though. I am certainly no expert. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Just try not to worry if you don't see a heart beat because 5w3d is earlier than I've heard of anyone seeing a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->