Anyone ever tried acupressure to induce labour?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by BabiNo2, Jun 6, 2011.

1. BabiNo2

BabiNo2 Well-Known Member

Just as above really, I found some really good sites with recommend trying this. I have been in the latent phase of labour for days and just want to kick start things better. Or if anyone knows any other things that might help?

2. Eleanor ace

Eleanor ace Well-Known Member

Hiya, I haven't tried it personally but my friend is an acupuncturist, she used acupressure to turn her sister's baby (she was breach) and to induce labor- her sister went into labor 4 hours after the session to induce labor. So it seems like it could be worth a shot!

3. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

i had accupuncture it kicked my labour off x

4. BabiNo2

https://www.maternityacupressure.com/acupressure-start-labor/acupressure-to-induce-labor.html

I found this site and have been trying the adjoining valley one first as it seems the easiest to do at any time and since doing it I have had some tightenings again start up. Maybe just coincidence but will be trying all of these today.

Another site has said that it can start to work anything from an hour to a day https://www.ehow.com/how-does_5420947_long-go-labor-after-acupressure.html

Thank you for your reply, great hearing positive stories,gives me some hope. x

5. BabiNo2

Wow, how soon did it work?