Anyone experiencing vivid dreams during pregnancy?

SarandrewBean

Mammy to Halle <3
Reaction score
Now being someone who has occasionally experienced having weird, bad, vivid dreams I probably shouldn't be too alarmed or worried. But this dream this morning was terrible.

I'm 8 weeks and 4 days and have been having difficulty sleeping since about week 6 from what I can remember, don't sleep on stomach, sides hurt too much to sleep on and have ended up sleeping on my back which is uber uncomfy but still it's the only way I can sleep, except for last night where shock, my sides don't hurt to sleep on now, which I was kinda surprised at and worried also due to me thinking maybe a sign somethings happened to the baby? but anyway, thought I was in for a good nights sleep.

This morning at 6.40AM I woke up having difficulty breathing to which woke my OH up and then I burst out uncontrollably crying still thinking this dream was true, my cheeks were red (so gathering BP was way high) and I just kept crying - my dream was that I had an argument with my mother (which wouldn't be surprising we argue a fair amount due to us not having the most amazing relationship as always felt I've come 2nd to my brother, who I don't get on with anyway) and then suddenly, I don't know what of, but she died and I was shocked, hurt, pretty much feeling like my life wasn't worth living anymore and I was trying to talk to my dad crying to him that we had argued and that she had died being mad at me and she had died while I was mad at her and I never got to say sorry or anything, my dad then started laughing at me, which made me cry more and more which was when I woke up and the irregular breathing happened plus the uncontrollable crying.

I KNOW this is a dream, as soon as I woke up I rang my mother and she was telling me not to worry and not to be upset that she was fine and that apparently dreaming that someone had died is actually a sign of a birth??

I really don't know, but it's drained me so much it feels like I haven't rested all night and I'm pretty much going to feel like poo all day! :cry:

Has anyone else experienced this? And stupid question, but is there anything you can do to sort of stop these bad dreams?

Not in this one but with my son my I had so many bad dreams but the main one was that my then partner was running away down a road and I was chasing him but he wouldn't stop and that was the same dream nearly every night, I never have dreams normally (or can't remember them) x

I have been having horrible dreams for about three weeks now, like I dreamt somebody broke into our house while we were sleeping and stuff like that. Means I am pretty exhausted all the time as not only I can't get comfy but then my sleep is not restful and I keep waking up. I am hoping this will reduce at 12 weeks but I don't know for sure.

I have vivid dreams and have been having them for the last two weeks.

Most of them are sexual :blush: LOL

But I had a dream Friday night before our scan with my previous doc telling me I had another MMC and that my womb was toxic. :cry: I woke up in such a sweat and wanted to wake my DH but decided to just pray.

I now hate my previous doctor :growlmad: LOL

I haven't had many dreams at all since I found out I'm pregnant almost a week ago, although I did have a nap this afternoon and had one really, really vivid dream.

The funny thing is, though, before I even found out I was pregnant, I went to the doctors and had a pregnancy test several days before my period was due because I was feeling sick and had quite a few symptoms. I knew it would come back negative, because I was sure I wasn't pregnant and that these were period symptoms, but I wanted to check anyways. Negative!

Two nights afterwards, I had a very vivid dream of the doctor ringing me up and saying that the pregnancy test was positive! I thought (and still think lol) that I was just slightly disappointed, even though this pregnancy was unplanned, I've always wanted to be a mum.

Most of my dreams are good and are like the perfect geek adventure playground, they are also very interactive and great.

However the night before last I dreamt that someone (not me) had a mmc at 20 weeks. It was horrible. It took me an hour to get back to sleep as I spent time worrying that it may happen to me! I'm sure everything will be fine

oh god yes!!! Theyre horrible, i wake up exhausted.

The one me and my oh got married, and had an amazing day, he was walking around introducing me to everybody as his wife and he wondered off... then someone screamed and he had been stabbed and died in my arms, i woke up a wreck!!!

And yesterday i had a dream that oh got arrested for standing on a roof (??? lol) And i had his phone so started to look though it and was hundreds of dirty texts to other women, naked pics, and pics of girls sucking his... man parts. Telling them he loved them and that he was only keeping me happy until baby is born then he wold kidnap it and run away together and be happy families....

I was soooo tired after waking up lol xx

Yup I have the worst vivid dreams!

I can't usually remember them once I'm Awake but they keep me constantly tossing and turning and waking up.

I'm exhausted! Now sleeping when my LO sleeps again!

Yes! So glad it's not just me!! I wake up at least 3-4 times a week in a sweat from nightmares. One time I even woke up with my heart pounding so fast I took awhile to calm myself down.

Yesss!!!! I get so jealous about women having orgasms in their sleep and sexy-time dreams. I've had anxiety dreams almost every single night, I'm happy when one of them is just weird, and not anxious.
Ive had a dream I caught my OH making out with another guy, a dream that my OH left me in the middle of a crowd at a music festival and wanted me to drink beer to keep myself entertained and then came back with someone with bug eyes (?), I had a dream I was in a post-apacalyptic Toronto with scaffolding everywhere and looters chasing me. One dream where I was stuck in a pit with snakes and one bit my ass after I tried to climb over it to go up a ladder. Last night I was in anciet Egypt and there was a lava flow that took over the city and all I had was a straw and stick structure I climbed up on that I knew would collapse from the heat. :wacko:
I used to remember one dream a month, MAYBE and now I'm dreaming such vivid dreams every night, sometimes two and remember every one.

Yep it was one of the first clues for me that I was pregnant again. Absolutely horrific dreams (to the point I don't want to speak about them and on Saturday night was up for 8hrs because I was scared to go back to sleep). I am by no means a sooky pants (actually most people think I'm too hard) but they are just so vivid and I hate having those moments of wondering whether it's real or not....

Don't worry, you don't sleep much once baby is born so the bad dreams can't get you then :winkwink:

Wow. Guess I'm lucky. My dreams are vivid and real, but they're pleasant adventures. Most I keep daydreaming about all day, trying to keep the joy and excitement going. I haven't had dreams this real since my last major head injuries as a kid. It was always the best part of getting a major head wound :) Amazing dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->