Anyone feel like they have changed since having their baby?

babyblog

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered how many others of you feel like i do, in particular i'm talking about being back at work. I went back part-time in November and feel like i have struggled to fit back in since i went on mat leave the year before. Before i had my baby i felt quite confident about my position in the office, felt like i had lots of friends etc but as the year went by that i was away, i felt like things changed and i didn't change with it.New people joined, old people left, people who i thought were my friends stoped inviting me out and when i returned on a part-time basis, i felt like i just don't 'fit in' anymore.

I'm not sure if it's because i am only there half a week now or maybe it is because the same things don't interest me perhaps.I do like the people i work with , and still have a laugh at times (and have one very good friend there) but i've never felt like this before. Is it out of sight out of mind when you're on mat leave?Can anyone else relate to me?

I can completely relate to this. Before I went on ML I was running the office where I worked. I decided to go back part-time, which meant that I moved to a new job in a different department. My old assistant got my previous job. Two weeks before I went back, an email was circulated to the whole company (and me), congratulating her on her new post, and praising her for all the improvements she'd made. They sure know how to kick you when you're down :cry:

Anyway, after a very nervous start, I'm over it now. I enjoy my new job so much more, and my replacement is having to deal with all sorts of crap. Everytime I hear about anything going on in my old department, it makes me feel a little bit better!

Thats for this...im really worried about going back to work and every having changed! Im going back part time after 4 months mat leave then full time when LO is 9 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->