Anyone find it hard to get head around ntnp?

anjadoem

Pregnant with #1 !
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone feels really weird after so many years trying NOT to get pregnant that now it's ok ?!
Dh and I decided to forget bc and be relaxed for a while - leave to fate! Dtd last night and I know I am ov, but kept thinking 'what am I doing?!' and woke in the night a couple of times thinking about it!
Is this just normal mind re-adjusting?!

I think so. I want a baby, and have for a while, so I'm not really plagued by those thoughts so much.

With how much we put into NOT getting pregnant, it's not surprising though.

:) :dust:

YES! But for me in a different way. We spent 4 months actually trying (using OPK's, doing temps, checking cm) and now we've decided to NTNP and I find myself wanting to use an OPK just to see if I'm O'ing or I think to myself to make sure we DTD a lot to cover all bases when what I really want is to just relax and BD when we want and not worry about all the pregnancy stuff (which is VERY stressful BTW) but I DO want to get pregnant! And FAST!

I really know what you mean.
I think its normal , cos its such a big step!!

Like you said, you spend so much of your life in fear of falling pregnant, thinking that everytime you have sex - even if its using condoms and being on the pill - youre just bound to end up knocked up, that when its like 'ok, bring it on' its terrifying in a way!!

I think its natural to feel this right at the start... lets see how we feel after a few cycles of not getting preg. I bet all that momentary doubt falls away...

OR you never know... You might be with bean already! :haha:

Yeah, I've been feeling this too, you spend years on the pill and suddenly you've got to change your whole way of thinking to the opposite way! Even though I really want a baby, I still think it feels strange sometimes. :D

its that kinda post sex feeling of "woooo, we could have just made a BABY"

Absolutely !!! Glad I'm not the only one! Totally different mind set. But as my wise best friend said, if I didn't want to get pg there is no way I'd let it happen!
So dtd again last nite ... He he!!!
Now day dreaming as if it worked I'd test on dh birthday!

That's how I feel too, it is such a change of mindset after all these years of actively preventing pregnancy

I was utterly terrified of conceiving before getting married (risking family wrath, etc) and now as you say it is VERY odd :)

It's weird for me as I'm looking to switch jobs, so it seems like I "should" be preventing, but I can't stand the idea of going back to the pill, as it takes so long to get the hormones out of the system. I feel much better in so many ways for coming off it!

I am also finding it hard, mainly because it has taken me so long to get a period after stopping taking my pills I feel stupid for being on it so long and wish I'd come off it sooner.

Angelwings I am also looking to switch jobs but I am so desperate for a family I am carrying on ntnp, it's all bound to happen at the most inconvenient time as these things always do but my life can't stop just because we are trying for a baby - who knows how long it could take.

x

YUP! It's completely mind-boggling. Took me months to get over - you try so hard NOT to get pregnant, then all of a sudden you totally want it!

I was just browsing through this site and saw this and thought WOW! other people feel the way I do about all of this!! Phew I am not alone :happydance:

Its nice to know we are all feeling the same way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->