Anyone finding it hard to walk a long way?

jett

Reaction score
I'm a walker I walk everywhere. I don't drive, which in England most don't think anything of. When I say that over this side of the pond I get a few looks :blush: I think it's because every things so far way from each other, and they all learn it in school.

well anyway I'm finding since I got my BFP that I can't walk for more then an hour without getting back pain, and it slowly gets worse as I continue to walk.

Yesterday this happened and I just continue around the shops but then I started getting pain around the uterus area. So of course that got me to stop for a while, it was not bad but hurt a little. I went straight home after that.

I will bring it up with my doctor at my scan on Feb 7th but I'm wondering if this has happen to anyone else?

not really sure how I'm going to cope not walking lots :/
already planing to get a taxi for my planed walk to get a new ID, that's 5 miles there 5 miles back. Don't think I can do that right now :wacko:
or at least I'm scared to!

I do a fair amount of walking myself and you are right, most people in the states don't walk to the corner store. Because of the weather, I usually end up at the mall to do my walking and I was doing 3-4 miles most of the time I went. That is about all of the time I had to walk in. Now I start getting tired doing the first mile. I usually make myself do two to keep up with exercise but I am only rarely doing three miles and never four.

At 9-10 weeks, I wouldn't think five miles each way with a rest would be that bad but you don't want to over do it if you are getting pains. Is there a bus you can take part of the way so you can still get the walking in?

I feel you, mine starts about 10 mins into walking though, and eases off the longer I walk. It's excruciating though :cry:

To be honest I have not used the buses this side of the pond yet, so not really sure about them. But also as that walk is before I go to the doctors next, I think i'm just going to use the taxi and not think about to much walking until I've been. I know walking is meant to be fine, and I'm not walking more then I always have, I'm just worried about the pain I was getting. as I don't think that should happen?
I know later in pregnancy as the bump gets big :) I will to doing less walking but I did not expect to feel discomfort this early in the game.

I know this is one I'm going to have talk to my doctor about, I was really just wondering if anyone else is getting back pain or any other pain when walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->